Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 14/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th April Virtuaalitodellisuuden mahdollisuudet kuntoutuksessa ja terveydenhuollossa -verkkokoulutus
- 10th April Finland Unity User Group Tampere April Meetup with Leonidas
- 10th April IGDA Helsinki Gathering
- 16th April Eduhack pre-event: team roles / Turku
- 19th-21st April Reboot Develop 2018 / Dubrovnik, Crotia
- If you are interested in joining Reboot Develop this year, please do not hesitate to contact Neogames/EGDF, as the seminar organised have been kind enough to provide -10% discount code for you (-20% for the next 24 hours!) and to host the EGDF General Assembly.
- April 24th Finnish Game Awards Helsinki.
- Registration is now open! There is a limited number of tickets available for purchase at https://fga2018.eventbrite.com/
- Apri 24-25th The University of Tampere Game Research Lab Spring Seminar, Making Games.
- May 5th Game Över 11- pelitapahtuma Lahden pääkirjastolla
- May 8th Games First / Helsinki
The pitching you’ll hear at GF is not about user acquisition pipeline optimization and ad revenue monetization – it’s about games. To be precise: Game Demos. This year, it’s going to be even cooler as we’ve got something special from our dear friends at Trojan Horse was a Unicorn. Come present to your fellow developers what you’re working on and apply for a Game Demo ticket now!
- 16-17 May Bit1 Metropolia game event / Helsinki
- May 23-25 Nordic Game Conference / Malmö, Sweden
- May 25-27th SmirnovSchool / Theme Park May Workshop / Kouvola
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Get a haircut and get a real job? Housemarque is looking for a Sr. Game Designer
(Except haircut, or even hair is not required….)
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- The board of Forever Entertainment S.A. informs that he has signed a license agreement with Stupid Stupid Games from Helsinki. Under this agreement, FE has been granted the exclusive license to distribute NoReload Heroes on the Nintendo Switch platform.
- Lately there has been lot of discussion about sexual harassment and harassment in general in different industries. Since Finnish Game Industry has a zero-tolerance policy on harassment in all of its forms the industry organizations (Neogames Finland, IGDA Finland and Suomen Pelinkehittäjät) decided to compile Finnish Game Industry Code of Conduct about this matter. This Code of Conduct is to make sure that the individuals working in or related to the Finnish game industry are aware and committed to fighting against sexual and other forms of harassment and are aware of Finnish laws and regulations concerning these matters. Feel free to share.
- Hotel Hideaway was created by Sulake, the company that created Habbo.
- PAKO 2 for Android is out
- Safari Kart is re-released for iOS and Android. The game is now free-to-play – due to the added Wi-Fi multiplayer we want to make organising local races as easy as possible.
- William’s WoolSocks released on Android
- Drunkenpants by Firetail Games released on STEAM (on January…)
- Beer and Skittls is a strategic VR game released on STEAM
- Cat ‘S’ Trophy by Visible Realms and Full XP is out now in the Oculus Store!
- 3rd Eye Studios’ Downward Spiral: Horus Station, The first game play video
- There is now a Discord channel for Finnish game devs, 150 members and counting!
- (Only in Finnish) Startup-oleskelulupa piristää yrityskenttää – herättänyt etukäteen kiinnostusta etenkin Venäjällä
- Tuomas Erikoinen from Part Time Monkey wrote excellent blog about efficient game development.
- (Only in Finnish) Tuleva suomalaispeli Iron Danger yhdistää Kalevalan steampunkiin
- Catland got an exciting new title for PC and VR …
- Video about Project: Longtail
- FinnGameDevs wishes all the game developer of Finland welcomed to their clan at Clash of Clans.
- SUMO League (by PartTimeMonkey) arenas are ready for testing
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.