Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 15/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- Games Now Spring 2019 program:
- James Wootton: Games for Quantum Computers – Games Now! lecture series
- 11th March
“Check your Assumptions – Making the Most of User Experience Research”
Inger Ekman, DICE/Electronic Arts
@ Learning Centre/Streamed, 15-17 EET
“Why Godot Right Now?”
Ariel Manzur, Godot Engine
@ Learning Centre/Otaniemi
Games Now! Jam
- 25th April The Finnish Game Awards 2019 (SOLD OUT)
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Malmö
- 50% off on conference passes to Nordic Game 2019, 22-24 May in Malmö, Sweden. This counts until midnight, January 3rd.
- CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO THIS GROUP: the first 10 to select this group in the menu and enter this code, NG19PF5MLGG4, will get the Dinner Experience for free!
- 28-30 May. Casual Connect in London;
- 4th June Helsinki Startup Day
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Koukoi Games is looking for Producer/Director. Find more & apply now
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? On March 1st, during the Futures Day, one of the topics discussed on our stream was just that! Take a look and see what industry veterans have to say on the topic. If you know what your skills are, and just need a place to apply them, take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Tencent added IMGA nominated games section into their appstore, giving great additional visibility to new and old IMGA nominees and winners!
- Convict Games‘ STONE, Aussie stoner noir with lots of Finnish talent and Easter eggs is out now on App Store!
- Catland: The Spy Who Shrunk Me is now available in virtual reality! The entire game is fully playable from start to finish with your SteamVR headset. Available now on Steam!
- Morning Stars, is now live worldwide on iOS!
- MiTale has launched the first product; “My First Calendar” globally on Android & iOS
- Part Time Monkey‘s 15th game, Hitty Knife, is out now, co-developed with another Finnish indie dev Nitroyale
Awards & Competions;
- The Indie Games Showcase from Google Play
Their international competition for indie game developers from Europe, Japan & South Korea. Deadline for entries is May 6, 2019.
- Juho-Kustaa Kuorikoski cobbled up a Youtube channel titled Retro Games in Rally English. This weeks video is all about Stardust.
- The second coming of DevsTalk, now with live audience! RSVP your spot if you’re able to join us at Kapsäkki, Helsinki on next Thursday. Show starts at 18.00
- BugByte finnish their Kickstarter project with 7777 backers and 260189$ for LudiBooster
- Finnish Game Jam is giving an opportunity for one jammer to fly to Denmark for the Nordic Game Jam. Apply today (application system is closing this Sunday)!
- Stolen Shoes Entertainment have an early access game named Robovirus, which is a 2 to 4 player local multiplayer game where you blast your friends using rockets, lasers, or by using the environment to your advantage. To welcome the Easter’s holidaycoming soon, Robovirus will give 20% OFF from Steam purchase.
- Gnrblex, just had its store page go live on Steam
- Dodreams launches limited time Drive Ahead event featuring Masters of the Universe’s Skeletor
- Millaista pelikehitys on oikeasti? Netflixin uusi dokumentti kurkistaa pelijätti Ubisoftin kulisseihin
- An update for Sling Smash and today it got featured as Game of the Day in over 120 countries!
- Sampo Leino is interested to organize Godot engine workshop =>Godot developer, Ariel Manzur speaks at Aalto University on 6th May
- Big Ear Games – Play with Music; A new song Pop Corn with new synths and a drum machine.
- Control May Be Remedy Entertainment’s Most Interesting Game Since Alan Wake
- Hatch Entertainment, a spin-off from Angry Birds game maker Rovio, has struck a deal to offer 5G gaming on Samsung devices in South Korea, Rovio said on Friday.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.