Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 16&17/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also our monthly logbook to see what we are doing in Neogames.
- May 4-5th Entertainment Business Arena / Helsinki
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki Apply NOW
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- May 20th GameSound game music event in Jyväskylä
- June 13th Game Industry Breakfast by Aalto ENT / Helsinki
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Kopla Games is looking for a senior game designer
- Dodreams is looking for an Office Manager
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Riptale on Steam and Humble Store
- Mindfield Games goes mobile…VR. Flocklore is out on Gear VR. Try out now, on Gear VR (Daydream will follow).
- Nonstop Chuck Norris is out!
- Takomo Games‘s Fishing Day is out for Android
- Warforged: First Contact First game from Reforged is out now on Kickstarter. It’s a boardgame, a precursor to their upcoming Warforged mobile game set.
- The best games made in Finland were awarded at The Finnish Game Awards! (English version at the end)
- Remedy plans listing on Nasdaq First North – studio growing into a multi-project game brand house
- official trailer of Lost Home.
- Pelialan keskiluokka vahvistui – Tekesin rahoitus tärkeää tulevaisuudessakin
- Critical Force wants to fix Finland’s game dev shortage with new academy
- VR hasn’t really taken off, but a lot of people have faith in it. Masaru Ohnogi (https://goo.gl/qbW8gJ) is Head of a fund that will make a VR incubation program in Helsinki. And they have a US$ 50KK investment fund for seed & early stage upstarts to back it.
- Game Teams! Apply for DigiTalents!
– If you’re unemployed, you can get pay
– Get devices, space, guidance and mentoring at Marian Sairaala
– Get contacts to publishers and investors
– Evaluation after 3months, possibility for continuanceRequired
– Send killer pitch deck latest 12.5 to firstname.lastname@example.org
(describe your team, your goal, commercial potential, what’s unique and why you)
– Selected teams will be informed latest 19.5
– Selected teams pitch at Marian Sairaala Building 3 between 12-16 at 22.5
– Winning teams start 5.6 (at least 3 teams)
More info from dtalents.fi
- Tesla vs Lovecraft by 10tons is now on Steam Greenlight
- The story behind “Moomin Under Sail” adventures
- Hydraulic Press Pocket got 100,000+ downloads within the first week!
- Free webinar about Marketing Your Games by Peter Zackariasson on May 3rd starting at 15:00.
- Simo Kovanen, 2d/3d-artisti ja olen vailla töitä
- How to Be Investable in Games
- SeGaBu-hanke (Serious Games Platform for Business and Education) tekee kartoitusta pelien digitaalisista jakelukanavista. Tällä kyselyllä pyritään selvittämään nimenomaan hyötypelien jakelua
- Why Supercell built a company of startups, and how it works
- (Only in Finnish) “Kävimme demonitaistelumme ja pääsimme niiden yli” – Rovion peliliiketoiminnan tulos kasvoi 600 %
- Pixel Worlds got approved by Steam
- Armada Interactive’s first game Quantum Siege is starting its beta on May 3rd!
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list