Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 20/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- May 24th Finland Unity User Group is visiting 3rd Eye Studios. Gathering is for everyone interested, don’t be shy!
- June 13th Game Industry Breakfast by Aalto ENT / Helsinki
- July 12 Women in Games meetup at Pori
- July 13-14 Illusion 2017 plus VIP access to Ilosaarirock 2017 in the middle of Summer. Sign up now.
- August 3-6th Assembly summer / Helsinki
- August 3.-5. Assembly ARTtech / Helsinki
- Sept. 18-19th PG Connects Helsinki
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Che Synes is looking for help to his VR movie for film school.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Kamina Dimension releases Grab the Bottle 05/22/2017 on Steam!
- Ditto Doodle (by students from University of Turku) is out for iOS and Android
- Ocmo got Game of the year award in Indie Discovery contest at Nordic Game in Malmö.
- Corn Fox’s Oceanhorn 2 trailer looks good
- Meizi just got 1mil+ downloads for Buitl for Speed
- Supercool stuff from Second Order: Claybook
- One million downloads and 50 million items crushed within the first month in Hydraulic Press Pocket
- See the results of great/grazzy JamBike Project https://www.youtube.com/cha…/UCl9mzxz_QTqmPuGf_OZ2kKA/videos
- Sijoittaja, opettele uudet mittarit peliyhtiön arviointiin
- How Rovio is steering the ship to a new wave of success
- Immu Laitalainen is an active and diverse music producer, sound designer, record label CEO with over 15 years of experience in the music industry. He is currently searching for a domestic or foreign company or companies to work with as a music composer and sound designer.
- Remedy yhtiöesittelytilaisuus nyt LIVE:nä
- HasteHeist by students from Oulu Game LAB is in Steam Greenlight
- Levonon JätäJälki festaripelin suunnittelukilpailu
- Gates of Horn and Ivory is in Steam Greenlight
- Futureplay Games‘s did a Publisher Spotlight interview with AdColony
- Tampereen yliopiston kirjallisuustieteen oppiaine palkitsee joka vuosi kuluneen lukuvuoden kaksi parasta gradua. Tänä vuonna Suomen kirjallisuuden stipendin sai “It’s turning into a horror story”: Intermediaalisuus ja lajikytkökset pelin Alan Wake kertovissa teksteissä.
- The review of Outrageous Grounds: The Maze from Virtual Dawnfor the #HTCVive and #Oculusrift.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.