Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 27/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 12-13th June Illusion 2018 / Joensuu
- 27th June, the annual Finnish Game Day event in St. Petersburg
- 29th June – 1st July Jam Jam Festival / Sappee
- 5-8th July The Big Indie Fest at ReVersed 2018 / Vienna
- 2 August 2018, Shanghai: IMGA China Launch Seminar and Party in conjunction with China Joy. Business talks around the hottest topics.
- 2.-5. August Assembly Summer Messukeskus Helsinki
- Assembly ARTtech seminar
- 21st-25th August Games Com Cologne
- 8th September Intuitive Digital Workflow with Loish / Turku
- 11-12th September Pocket Gamer Connects
- Exclusive 20% discount using code FINLAND20.
- October 19th Monetization in Games: Past, Present and Future – ft. John Romero / Helsinki
- 24th-26th October, Join Neogames and the Nordics at Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 19-23 November 2018, Nanjing: IMGA Judging Sessions, China Game Design Seminar and the Awards Ceremony & Parties
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Olli Ikonen is a game designer/producer from Joensuu and currently looking for work from any area. He has 4+ years experience from game industry, from which 1 year and 4 months running a company of his own. Designing and producing games are his forte, but he has experience from the start-up business end as well. He is calm and creative individual with strong passion for thinking outside of the box and growing my professional expertise, so he can be ever greater asset for the team and company he is working in.
He has worked only with Unity Engine. Games he has been designing and producing:– Lost Home, 2D adventure (PC, Steam)
– Gallop Gang, 2D runner *Open beta (Android, Google Play)
– Rorschächin Tahrat, 2D platformer (Small, one level browser game for a local rock band)
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- OddRok’ Best Rally s out on the App Store!
- Super Dangerous Dungeons is on STEAM now. Guide Timmy the treasure hunter through dangerous dungeons in search of the legendary treasure!
- Hills of Steel by Superplus Games is growing stronger every day as Hills of Steel just reached 10 million downloads!
- Critical Ops Finals: Gankstars VS. Hammers Esports C-OPS Mobile Masters 2018 in Seattle
- How Finnish studio Koukoi Games is leveraging Hollywood licenses and its own original IP to find success
- If you translate your game into Japanese, you will very often have many menu items which will be left in English. No, you have not been ripped off. Full localization is a mistake for Japanese.
- A cool new gameplay trailer for MindSeize by Kamina Dimension!
- Thief of Thieves: Season One coming out in a couple of weeks. Take a look at the launch trailer!
- SPR:n Auta Maailmaa vuodelta 88 on edelleen hakusessa. Jos joku tietää jonkun joka on ollut tuolloin duunissa Brainware Oyssä tai Top Teamissa, niin kaikki johtolangat otetaan kiitollisuudella vastaan.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.