Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 03/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames Finland is updating the Finnish Game company lists, inform us if you are not in the list http://www.neogames.fi/en/industry-info/operators/
- Jan. 20-22 Global Game Jam. Check the Finnish Game Jam locations
- Feb 7-9th Casual Connects / Berlin
- White Nights Conf will take place in Prague (Czech Republic) on February 13-14, 2017
- Feb. 27th – Mar. 1st 2017 Game Connection America / San Francisco
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar/
- Programmers! Redlynx / Ubisoft are hiring (Senior) Gameplay Programmers for their mobile team. Check bit.ly/2jCcEXR, and feel free to get in touch for any questions
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Reborns’ Urban Empire will be available today! Check out th the video.
- Heart Star is coming to the App Store on 9th of February. See the trailer
- Belle Games published Sudoku Game for elderly people.
- Neogames is making the list of global published (not only soft launched, Greenlight, or Beta) Finnish Games at year 2016. Help to find missing games. See the list and let us know the name of the missing game, first release date and platform. Send the information to suvi(AT)neogamesDOTf
- Nash Racing got STEAM Early Access
- Vulpine Games’ Last Planets: Pocket Gamer Connects London 2017: Eve Online meets Clash of Clans in Pixar-inspired star battler Last Planets.
- Hideyuki Shima, a freelance music composer from Japan. is looking for Finnish game developers who need the services of a decent composer. Please read more detailed introduction, or read CV and listen..
- Lightneer’s learning game featured on Bloomberg Businessweek – get the game from Finnish Appstore
- Virtual Dawn was demoing their Virtual Reality game, Outrageous Grounds @ IGDA Tampere Gathering
- RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio offered free screening of the new Assassin’s Creed Movie (2D) to 60 Finnish Game Community people on Wednesday (in Helsinki).
- Pollen just launched a free online tool, it calculates an app’s LTV and predicts its financial position for 365 days. All you need to use it is your app’s CPI, ARPDAU, retention metrics and an estimate of initial marketing budget.
- Finnish company develops online anti-Trump game
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list