Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 3/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- January 22-23 2018 Pocket Gamer Connects London
- 25.1.2018 Infotilaisuus EU:n pelituesta
- January 26-28 Global Game Jam and also Finnish Game Jam; Check the sites
- Turku site we are giving opportunity to make board games at the jam, thanks to sponsorship by Boost Turku and LudiCreations
- February 1st Lisenssi Bisnes seminaari / Helsinki
- February 3rd: Meet Finnish studios in Kyiv on 3rd February, 2018 at #GamesJobFair
- February 7th Monthly Board Games Night at HIVE / Turku
- Feb 21st-25th Sami Game Jam
- March 19th-31st. Game Connection America
- March 19th-23rd; GDC / San Francisco
- May 8th Games First / Helsinki
- May 23-25 Nordic Game Conference / Malmö, Sweden
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Open positions Veikkaus:
- Nitro Games is hiring. HQ is located in Kotka – smaller office in Helsinki.
- Housemarque is working on amazing projects… and hiring
- Reforged is hiring! They got new secret projects underway, and they will be opening up new positions through the year. Right now they’re looking for Gameplay and Tools Engineers and 3D Artists but open applications are always welcome!
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Peter Vesterbacka leads investment round for Polka Dot.
- Sami Game Jam (21st-25th February, Utsjoki) announced
- Neogames Finland is listing globally released games by Finnish Developers on 2017. Make sure that your game is listed.
- EXPA JKL / IGDA Finland Jyväskylä hub is looking for speakers.
- Digitalents Helsinki’s GameDev Lab is hosting a pitch competition for future game startups! The pitch competition will be held on Saturday, January 27th. The application deadline is January 22nd.
- Entrepreneurial Marketing -ohjelma New York luoville aloille haku auki
- Kavio Cluster: The Safety Cushion Every Gaming Company Needs
- Submit your game by Friday 19th Jan. to Game Connection Development Awards
- eEemeli on valtakunnallinen laatukilpailu, jossa etsitään parhaita digitaalisia oppimisratkaisuja. Kilpailun ilmoittautumisvaihe on käynnissä 8.1.-11.2.2018.
- Stupid Stupid Games unveils their latest project; NoReload Heroes
- Fitness Village – the game that will grab you into a healthier lifestyle
- Critical Force has already 14 different nationalities!
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.