Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 33/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 21st-25th August Games Com Cologne
- 8th September Intuitive Digital Workflow with Loish / Turku
- 11-12th September Pocket Gamer Connects
- Exclusive 20% discount using code FINLAND20.
- IGDA Finland and Pocket Gamer want everyone to have a chance to take part in upcoming #PGCHelsinki event, no matter your location, and to make everything more accessible and convenient for our friends outside the Helsinki area we are organizing bus rides from hubs all around the country. The buses, provided by Pocket Gamer, are completely free of charge – you just need to register on the form below and turn up!We will need to know for the total numbers for the buses so please register by Friday August 31 to grab your seat. First come – first served!
=> Buses will go from Jyväskylä & Tampere, Turku, and Kouvola & Kotka, please register here: (NOTE: THE BUS TICKET DOES NOT INCLUDE ENTRY TO THE CONFERENCE – you will need a conference ticket to get access to the event(s).
- Oct 4-5th Northern Game Summit – NGS / Kajaani
- October 19th Monetization in Games: Past, Present and Future – ft. John Romero / Helsinki
- 24th-26th October, Join Neogames and the Nordics at Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 19-23 November 2018, Nanjing: IMGA Judging Sessions, China Game Design Seminar and the Awards Ceremony & Parties
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Kopla Games is looking for a Game Designer to fill their games with epic enemies, glorious gameplay and legendary user experience for theirnext action RPG! More details here.
- MotionVolt Games is seeking for talented freelance artist! Motionvolt Games, the creator of hugely popular mobile games Flip Diving and Flip Master, is in a search for a new talent in their ranks! We are looking for a highly skilled and multi talented graphical artist for a freelance position.The Fitting candidate should fluently handle 2D, 3D, UI and everything between in a various of styles and have a true passion toward mobile games. He/she would also need to take part in a work related meetings occasionally at central Helsinki.
In exchange for your talent we are offering an agreed fixed amount of freelancing work hours every month, a variety of different tasks ranging from prototype planning all the way to final graphics to new games, opportunity to affect graphical style of final products, full credits in games, and of course a fair salary.If you found yourself from the text above, think you got what it takes and want to dive with our flipping awesome team, send us your portfolio link and let’s make this happen!MotionVolt Games
- Mantisbite etsii koodaajaa ja 3D mallintajaa VR pelejä tekemään.
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Fitness Village -The Game released worldwide
- The culturally (in?)appropriate drunken brawler inspired by the violent ‘Luotikuja’ of Kajaani releases on Friday for both Steam & Xbox One.
- Stone: A Hip Hop Stoner Noir will be released on Steam at fall 2018
- Iron Danger released first longer combat gameplay clip yesterday. It is from the build that you can give a try to at Gamescom.
- LoveBug, parody dating sim is going to be released on STEAM at Aug 24th
- Barbearian is out NOW! (STEAM and iOS)
- Catland‘s new game The Spy Who Shrunk Me is coming to PC & VR in 2018!
- Gerty Game now Playable on STEAM
- Samu Saarikivi released Swingo – Endless Rope Swing in Google Play
- H1-2018 Financial Report & Press Conference / Remedyn osavuosikatsaus webcast-muodossa.
- CALL FOR GAME ART POSTERS @ GAMESCOM. IGDA will have a booth at Gamescom, which is taking place Aug 21.-25 in Cologne. Members of the Game Art SIG and IGDA Finland are invited to hang a poster of their work on the walls of the IGDA booth. The IGDA booth is in the business hall, which is open Tuesday-Thursday. Anybody interested? Sign-up here via Google Docs
- Mansbite released an early demo of Bandit Point VR
- Direlight Oy announced their debut game Grimvalor. Against all odds, Grimvalor will be a premium game with no in-app purchases, coming to iOS this fall.
- “Euroopan investointipankki (EIP) ja Tesi ovat sopineet rahoitusohjelmasta, jolla kanavoidaan EU:n ESIR-rahoitusta suomalaisten yritysten kasvuun. Tesin hallinnoimalla rahoituksella suunnataan yhteensä 100 miljoonaa euroa lupaaviin yrityksiin. Puolet summasta tulee EIP:ltä, puolet Tesiltä. Tesin ja EIP:n uuden rahoitusmallin edellytyksenä on, että mukana järjestelyssä on myös yksityisiä sijoittajia yhtä suurella osuudella.Rahoitus on suunnattu kasvuhakuisille pk-yrityksille ja innovatiivisille midcap-yrityksille ja on suuruudeltaan 15–30 miljoonaa euroa yritystä kohden. Sen lisäksi jokaisessa rahoituskierroksessa on vähintään yhtä paljon yksityistä pääomaa. Sitä voi käyttää esimerkiksi kasvun vauhdittamiseen, kansainvälistymiseen ja tuotekehitykseen.”
- New KAVIO Publishing project is up and running. Runway is currently up to 30.6.2019
- Barracuda Disaster‘s first early footage trailer to help us get a publisher and investors
- AALTO UNIVERSITY ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAMME. Aalto University AiR-programme offers creative practitioners a unique opportunity for transdisciplinary collaboration.
- There is a great opportunity to learn Finnish language at the workplace, the Ministry of Economics and Employment has a programme for this. This service is part of the efforts to support work related immigration to Finland and help in the adjustment as well as well being of the international transferees working in Finland. The employer pays only 30–50% of the total price of the training. The remaining costs are paid for by the Labour Mobility in Europe (ESF) project. The final the duration of the training, the implementation method, the group size is based on your needs. Teaching is organised at the workplace. Please feel free to contact if you would like to hear more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Space Haven – RimWorld inspired spaceship colony sim.
- BON Games’ Transit King got featured at Google Play
- Assembly ARTtech presentations available online
- Full XP invites to join their focus group and test our new upcoming game!
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.