Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 38/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 3D-kulttuurihubi’s consulting sessions / 3D-hubin neuvonnat syksyllä 2019
- 24 September 2019 from 13:00-16:00 Palvelujen pelillistäminen (Asiantuntija Turussa) / Services gamification (Expert in Turku)
- 8 October 2019 from 13:00-16:00 AR-markkinointi (Asiantuntija Helsingissä) / AR-marketing (Expert in Helsinki)
- 26th September Northern Game Summit / Kajaani
- 27th September Xmasjkl – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä. Seminar speakers are:
- Mikko Toivanen, Customer Engineer, Google Finland
- Mark Cochrane, CEO, Lightneer
Elina Arponen , CEO, co-founder, Quicksave
Felicia “Licia” Prehn, Head of Production, Nopia Oy
Luai Mahjneh, Manager, Game Development Partnerships & Jani Eronen Lead Developer, Veikkaus Game Studio
- 28th September IT and GAMES job Fair in Kiev
- September 30th Leadership Day by IGDA FInland / Helsinki
- 30th Sept Unreal Engine Evening by Epic Games
- 1st-2nd Oct Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki.
- 3rd October; IGDA Finland Turku Hub gathering with Kickstarter
- 2nd-4th October Game UX Summit 19 / Lille France
- 17th October Konsoll 2019 / Bergen Norway
- Oct 26th DevCon 2 Tampere
- 29th-31st October Game Connection Europe 2019 / Paris
- 14th-15th November YSÄRI GAME JAM! if you are interested ping Licia Prehn
- 15th November W Games Conference 2019
- Sophie VO
- Gabriele Aimone
- Ekaterina Dolgova from Redhill Games
- Nikolina Zidar talking about her work in making most unique game studio in Finland!
- Anna Salomaa from Resistance Games
- 16-17th November Aalto university agreed to hosts Theme Park. A digital art rally!
- 19th November; Press Start invites 1,000 game developers to the Cable Factory for a free kick-off to the Slush Week.
- No middleware, no service providers – just games. Attendance is free and by application only. Apply here slush.org/press-start
- Learn from industry veterans, connect with peers, get a glimpse into some up-and-coming games and meet a pool of investors. And let’s not forget the after-party.
- The first speakers and open applications to the event will be released in August.
- applications opened up for live demo showcase at Press Start. This time you can forget your presentations – it’s all about playing live!
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
Offering music & Composing;Routakorpi, a finnish music creator and mainly focus on game music. Content varies from 8bit synth to cinematic orchestral. Songs can be listened and bought from band camp (With CC BY-ND license), Routakorpi does also commission composing with a possibility to have exclusive rights for the songs.
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? Take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm will be available to all on Apple Arcade on iOS 13 on September 19
- Hyper Ultra Astronautics multiplayer shoot’em up supporting up to 16 players on a single PC is finally ready after nearly four years in (lazy) development!
- DJ Oku Luukkainen a weekly high score list added to the game to keep players competing with one another and to encourage them to challenge their friends
- Monerizr’s Martins Bratuskins is visiting in Finland and asks for feedback about for his platform. In a few words – it’s an SDK, API and Unity Plugin which motivates and rewards players with physical game gear inside the game’s UI.
Submit your PC, Switch, Mobile or XR indie game for a chance of a free ticket to The Very Big Indie Pitch at PGC:Helsinki, where you’ll get helpful feedback from publishers, journalists and evangelists. Winners get editorial coverage on relevant Steel Media’s sites (PCGamesInsider/PocketGamer/etc) alongside potentially winning a share of a Steel Media marketing package worth a massive $5500.
- Elite Game Developers podcast: A One Man Games Company with Tuomas Erikoinen from Part Time Monkey
- Henrik Keinonen is the new contact person for Game studios in City Of Helsinki / NewCo Helsinki
Check Hipfire’s Blastworld Is A PvP Shooter Inspired By Nerf Guns, Demo Here.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.