Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 04/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames Finland is updating the Finnish Game company lists, inform us if you are not in the list http://www.neogames.fi/en/industry-info/operators/
- Feb 7-9th Casual Connects / Berlin
- White Nights Conf will take place in Prague (Czech Republic) on February 13-14, 2017
- Feb. 27th – Mar. 1st 2017 Game Connection America / San Francisco
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar/
- Redlynx / Ubisoft is looking for Marketing Coordinator
- Several open positions at Remedy
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Neogames is making the list of global published (not only soft launched, Greenlight, or Beta) Finnish Games at year 2016. Help to find missing games. See the list and let us know the name of the missing game, first release date and platform. Send the information to suvi(AT)neogamesDOTfi
- Pelialan opinnäytekilpailu 2017 / Game Studies Thesis Competition 2017 DL. Feb 12th
- Activision’s King quietly acquires analytics firm Omniata
- STATUS: INSANE went Steam Greenlight 13th of January and it already got greenlit yesterday 24th of January.
- REBORN‘s Urban Empire (launched on last week) was best selling game at STEAM
- Students at KSAO published their first games for Android on Google Play through their student cooperative Placeholder OSK.
- Herbert’s Great Adventure is a traditional platformer game in which you attempt to save your planet from invaders
- Guardian Finger is an endless runner where you protect the character with your finger
- Tale of Fire is a turn-based strategy game where you rescue lemmings from a burning forest
- Here’s a bit more from a local newspaper, only in Finnish
- Google Play have selected Mr Future Ninja‘s game and OddRok’s Power Hover as one of the finalists in their Indie Game Contest.
- Graduates ahoy! Redlynx / Ubisoft is looking for new talents in Online & Gameplay Programming and Project Management to join the Ubisoft Graduate Program! Apply by Feb. 28th
- Tokio Sandbox 2017 Event on May 10th 2017
- Belle Games esittelee Uusiauttaavanhaa.fi-palveluamme pe 27.1 klo 10-16 Oulun kaupungin kirjastolla. Tule mukaan!
- Kamina Dimension just released a new gameplay trailer for our quirky puzzle game Grab the Bottle. The game is on Steam early access, so if you have any feedback or ideas, they would gladly hear them!
- Upcoming Peliosuuskunta Expa / IGDA Finland Jyväskylä Hub gatherings 2017 and we are looking interesting speakers to events! 21st of Feb 2017 &
21st of March 2017 If you or your company would be interested to be our guest, send email: tuomas.roininen (at) expa.fi
- Panic Art Studios have been working silently on Eastfound in the shadow of Hero Siege for quite a while. They took aboard Zhi Jiang from China to re-vamp the game’s look quite a bit.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list