Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 4/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- January 26-28 Global Game Jam and also Finnish Game Jam; Check the sites
- Turku site we are giving opportunity to make board games at the jam, thanks to sponsorship by Boost Turku and LudiCreations
- February 1st Lisenssi Bisnes seminaari / Helsinki
- February 3rd: Meet Finnish studios in Kyiv on 3rd February, 2018 at #GamesJobFair
- February 7th Monthly Board Games Night at HIVE / Turku
- Feb 9th Games User Research Professionals breakfast @Rovio
- Feb 21st-25th Sami Game Jam
- March 19th-31st. Game Connection America
- March 19th-23rd; GDC / San Francisco
- May 8th Games First / Helsinki
- May 23-25 Nordic Game Conference / Malmö, Sweden
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- HipFire Games is looking to hire a game designer
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- GamiFIN 2018 submission deadline extended!
- Superplus Games’ Hills of Steel has received the Editors’ Choice badge in Google Play!
- Tom Giardino from Valve/Steam has announced he’s coming to Nordic Game 18. Success on the Steam Store is a pretty big thing for PC game developers. What would you like to learn about-
- Help them out by posting a question to him in Play Finland FB group, and you just might get the answer on stage in Malmö.
- Next Games Now! Lecture (5.2.2018, 15-17 EET) will be about game jams and making music!
- Business Finland; “Operoimme samoilla tuotteilla ja rahoituksella kuin Tekesinkin aikana. “Game Business Funding” on pelialalle kohdennettu yleisnimitys (rahoitus)palveluille, jotka siirtyivät suoran Tekesistä uudelle organisaatiolle (Business Finland). Yritykset voivat hakea rahoitusta siltä samoilla tuotteilla ja samalla tavalla kuin Tekesinkin aikana. Luonnollisesti kehitämme toimintaamme vastaamaan yhä paremmin peliteollisuuden haastavia tarpeita, mutta toistaiseksi mennään niin kuin ennenkin.”
- (Article only in Finnish) “Ylipitkät työpäivät vaihtuivat 8-tuntisiksi, kun korealainen koodari muutti Kainuuseen”
- My Summer Car in a good company
- Tablecraft releases VR prototype
- Snowfall Ltd. needs beta-testers for Moomin Under Sail – Match & Explore!
- Project: Longtail first screenshot out
- Apply to the Ubisoft Graduate Program now!
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.