Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 4/019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 25th Housemarque organizes Stormdivers playtest
- 25-27th January Global Game Jam
- 29th January Games First London 2019
- 29th January IGDA Helsinki Gathering
- 2nd Feb. Games Helsinki 2019
- 15th-17th February Quantum Game Jam in Helsinki on the with quantum physicists and some quantum technologies. Apply now
- 19.02.2018 Gamification Group is organizing a workshop series on the topics of WEARABLES, BODY and GAMES.
- Application Form
Application Deadline: 30.01.2019
- Application Form
- 14 March Game Audio Awards / Oulu
- 18-19th March Game Connection America / San Francisco
- 18th-22 March Game Developers Conference
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Malmö
- 50% off on conference passes to Nordic Game 2019, 22-24 May in Malmö, Sweden. This counts until midnight, January 3rd.
- CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO THIS GROUP: the first 10 to select this group in the menu and enter this code, NG19PF5MLGG4, will get the Dinner Experience for free!
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Housemarque just published some new open positions for our super-exciting unannounced AAA project including Animation Director, Producer & UI Artist.
- GameRefinery is looking for a highly skilled and motivated VP / Director of Business Development to join rapidly growing company.
- Lauri Koskenniemi is Helsinki-based composer with a passion for composing video game music, and looking for new games, trailers etc. to score. mostly orchestral portfolio here or visit webpage for more info.
- Harri Tarkka is a experienced graphic desinger looking for jobs. See the portfolio http://linjamiehet.fi/harritarkka www.harritarkka.com
- Resistance Games is searching for an experienced game developer to join their team
- Kopla Games is hiring an adventurous Product Lead.
- Epic Outrun is looking for gamedevelopers. Please be in touch Kristian @ epicoutrun. Com
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Neogames has summarised, for a second time, a comprehensive overview of the political objectives of the entire ecosystem of the Finnish game industry.
- Neogames is updating the list of Finnish commercial games released globally (and for first time) on 2018. Make sure that yours are listed!
Please tell (in comments or email: suvi(AT)neogamesDOTfi) what is missing and help to correct mistakes. Thanks!
- Several awards for Finnish Developers in Pocket Gamer Mobile Games Awards;
Matchmade won the Best Service Provider Award
- Seriously won the Best Marketing Team award
- Kopla Games is working on Nonstop Knight 2!
- Angry Birds Dream Blast released globally both on Google Play and iOS!
- Part Time Monkey’s Row Row released on iOS
- Alien: Blackout out now (with great reviews) on iOS and Android, made by Rival Games Ltd and Theory Interactive. See the trailer
- The Walking Vegetables byStill Running was released to the Xbox 23rd of January
Jani Kahrama tarjoaa käytettäväksi Mayan työkaluihin sopivaa Ambient Occlusion -rendaajaa
- Daniel Rantala was asking for recommendations to find a comprehensive and reasonably priced service/tool for finding accurate market data of the mobile games market (2017 & 2018). Following were recommended
- App Radar, Priori Data and Sensor Tower, all of them cost less than 1k per month. If you’re planning an integration, I can connect you with Ben and Cecile from Priori Data.
- reflection.io. It seems pretty good. 200e/month
- sensor tower. All of them show some inaccuracies but they have a good range of tools to help you improve your app and survey the market. App Annie has best data but is too expensive for most studios.
- Helsinki XR Center is still looking for teams and individuals to transform their virtual vision into reality. Check this form for more information and apply!
- Oletko pelileski? Annatko kumppanisi pelihimolle periksi vai haluaisitko rikkoa näytön ja katkaista kaapelit? Kerro meille tarinasi
- The legendary Panu Mustonen Nuclear Unicorn Game Company \../
- MiTale first app My First Calendar – Speech Therapy Tool is now available on Google Play!
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.