Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 4/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 7th of February Grand opening of Digi & Game Center / Jyväskylä
- 8th February, Game Business Booster 2020 / Jyväskylä
- Calling for publishers & investors in Game Industry!
- 3rd of March Game Audio Awards 2020
- 16.-17th March Game Connection America
- 18-22nd March; GDC | Game Developers Conference / San Francisco
- April 1st Games First / London.
- The first three speakers announced
- 14th April Hyper UA Gamevasion / Copenhagen
- 27-29th May Nordic Game 2020 / Malmö, Sweden
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
to join their team working on Sociable Soccer and exciting future projects.
- Kyy Games (Tampere), is looking for Lead Game Designer and Pixel/2D artist to join their team.
- Games Factory Talents launched new Games focused tech Talent board that helps Talents to land a Dream job at a Games Studio in Helsinki. Please check the positions and companies and APPLY
- Pocket hunt has launched their recruiting app for games people in Finland, Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Finns were celebrating on Pocket Gamer Mobile Games Awards;
- Small Giant Games / Empires & Puzzles got the Best Live Ops Award
- Rovio Entertainment got the best Marketing Team Award
- Supercell / Clash Royale got the best Mobile eSports Award
- Neogames is conducting list of Finnish (commercial) games released globally (and for first time) on 2019. Make sure that your games are listed! Please contact via email: suviATneogamesDOTfi, if there is somethin missing and help to correct mistakes. Thanks in advance! Games are listed in alphabetical order by company names.
- EU:n Luova Eurooppa/MEDIA -pelituen deadlinepäättyy 12.2. klo 17.00 Brysselin aikaa.
Tuki on suunnattu itsenäisille eurooppalaisille peliyhtiöille, jotka ovat vähintään vuoden vanhoja ja jotka ovat tuottaneet ja kaupallisesti julkaisseet ainakin yhden pelin. Pelin julkaisu voi olla millä vain alustalla, mutta ehtona on, että peli sisältää narratiivista kerrontaa. Tukea voi hakea kehittelykuluihin 10 000-150 000 euroa. EU-tuki on puolet pelin kehittelybudjetista. Tukea on jaossa 3,78 M €.
- Kaupunkisuunnittelua MineCraftilla
- Recolor Reaches the Top 10 in U.S. App Store Charts
- GamePro recruitment education aplication DL os Feb 24th. / GamePro Rekrytointikoulutuksen hakuaika päättyy 24 Helmikuuta.
- Hideyuki Shima (freelance music composer from Japan) is travelling to Finland again between 23-31 Jan 2020. If you want to meet him, send him a message.
- Check the Part Time Monkey journey in a short video from past 4+ years, since Tuomas is focusing on Double Star in future.
- An article on the UK introducing regulations on kids media usage, meaning social media, video websites but also games.
- Digi & Game Center offers space for events and office use at Jyväskylä
In 2020, Syndicat National du Jeu Vidéo organises for the first time French Video Game Awards, there are categories for French productions, but also 3 awards for foreign games (launched in 2019)
The ceremony will be live streamed and get significant national press coverage so this is a nice opportunity to shine in France.
- Best Foreign Game
- Best Independent Foreign Game
- Best Mobile Foreign Game
- Mobile AR demo by Kayo Games
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.