Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 42/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 24th October3D-cultural hub project’s final event (about AR/VR and 3D- copyright issues) / Kulttuuri + Teknologia = Tulevaisuus at 10-15 @ Kino Engel (Sofiankatu 4)
- Oct 26th DevCon 2 Tampere
- 29th-31st October Game Connection Europe 2019 / Paris
- 14th – 17th of November, G-Star Global Gaming Exhibition in Busan / South Korea.
Business Finland will participate in the event with a focus on talent attraction. To find candidates in the Gaming sector with innovative skills and professional background, BF invites Finnish interested in the gaming industry or in business opportunities to join the #FinlandWorks booth or by having Business Finland represent, the open positions at the booth and connect the candidates with the companies. For further information and job postings, please contact Regina Ainla, Talent Boost Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org +358 40 939154
- 15th November W Games Conference 2019
- 16-17th November Aalto university agreed to hosts Theme Park. A digital art rally!
- 19th November; Press Start invites 1,000 game developers to the Cable Factory for a free kick-off to the Slush Week.
- No middleware, no service providers – just games. Attendance is free and by application only. Apply here slush.org/press-start
- Learn from industry veterans, connect with peers, get a glimpse into some up-and-coming games and meet a pool of investors. And let’s not forget the after-party.
- The first speakers and open applications to the event will be released in August.
- applications opened up for live demo showcase at Press Start. This time you can forget your presentations – it’s all about playing live!
- if you are coming to Press Start – Kickoff Event by Slush and want to share it, attend to the fb event on the link.
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Unicorn Pirates Studio is hiring game producer
- Mindhaven games is currently developing a sci fi themed puzzle-adventure game and is looking for skilled concept artist. Send a link to your portfolio and short description of what motivates you to michael @ mindhavengames . com
- Kimble Games etsii peliäänien tekijää.
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- The number of games published by companies based in Jyväskylä has increased steadily year after another. See the Playlist by Peliosuuskunta Expa
- Void of Heroes Mech FPS will be released on Steam – Early Access on October 31, 2019
- Game Makers of Finland. The union is making it’s yearly Salary Survey and we hope that you have time to answer the survey. It will take at most 10 minutes and every answer is more than important. The survey is anonymous and the results will be out on December. Take the survey here before 31.10
- In the past 2 and a half months, Helsinki Games Capital hosted less than 10 events at Arcade5. This resulted in almost 1000 people walking through our doors. This is simply amazing. Go check out how HGC was founded and what is their mission.
- Hatch Kids – Survey for parents and families that play together
- Donate your games to kids and families that needs them during Peliviikko (Game week Nov. 4th – 10th) it arranges around the Finland in libraries collecting points for games. / Onko sinulla itsellesi tarpeettomia lautapelejä, konsolipelejä tai pelikonsoleita? Peliviikko järjestää Hope ry:n kanssa Pelit kiertoon! -pelikeräyksen 20 paikkakunnalla. (4.-10.11.2019)
- Elite Game Developers Podcast: Embarking on the Founder Journey with Matias Myllyrinne Co-Founder and CEO Redhill Games
- The first IGDA Finland Leadership Day was organised on 30th September at Helsinki City Hall with over 250 attendees. You can find all the talks online on Youtube
- Mindhaven is presenting their first in-game environment shot!
- Aamulehti took notice of the event at the Suomen pelimuseo /
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.