Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 43/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 24th October3D-cultural hub project’s final event (about AR/VR and 3D- copyright issues) / Kulttuuri + Teknologia = Tulevaisuus at 10-15 @ Kino Engel (Sofiankatu 4)
- Oct 26th DevCon 2 Tampere
- 29th November. Women in Games Finland Workshop: How to ask for a raise & improve your CV. Helsinki
- 29th-31st October Game Connection Europe 2019 / Paris
- 5th November The Finland Unity User Group is visiting Unity Helsinki
- 14th – 17th of November, G-Star Global Gaming Exhibition in Busan / South Korea.
Business Finland will participate in the event with a focus on talent attraction. To find candidates in the Gaming sector with innovative skills and professional background, BF invites Finnish interested in the gaming industry or in business opportunities to join the #FinlandWorks booth or by having Business Finland represent, the open positions at the booth and connect the candidates with the companies. For further information and job postings, please contact Regina Ainla, Talent Boost Coordinator: email@example.com +358 40 939154
- 15th November W Games Conference 2019
- Sophie VO
- Gabriele Aimone
- Ekaterina Dolgova from Redhill Games
- Nikolina Zidar talking about her work in making most unique game studio in Finland!
- Anna Salomaa from Resistance Games
- Rebekka Muntola from PlayStack
- Anu from Housemarque
- Osama Dorias from WB Games Montreal
- Jani Kahrama from Secret Exit!
- 16-17th November Aalto university agreed to hosts Theme Park. A digital art rally!
- 19th November; Press Start invites 1,000 game developers to the Cable Factory for a free kick-off to the Slush Week.
- No middleware, no service providers – just games. Attendance is free and by application only. Apply here slush.org/press-start
- Learn from industry veterans, connect with peers, get a glimpse into some up-and-coming games and meet a pool of investors. And let’s not forget the after-party.
- The first speakers and open applications to the event will be released in August.
- applications opened up for live demo showcase at Press Start. This time you can forget your presentations – it’s all about playing live!
- if you are coming to Press Start – Kickoff Event by Slush and want to share it, attend to the fb event on the link.
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- JetDogs Studios are looking for a QA Intern to join them in their Helsinki office!
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Neogames released China, Japan and South Korea Games Market Study
- Documentary made on showing the making of the Noita soundtrack with From Grotto and Niilo Takalainen
- Worbital, the space-ballistic artillery RTS from Kajaani-based Team Jolly Roger made its way to PS4, Xbox One and Switch
- Redhill Games is looking for 25-45 year old gamers that loves (or used to love) first person shooters to give your feedback on a game early in development? Redhill Games is looking for 4-6 people to help them to refine their upcoming PC shooter’s branding. Workshop is two days next week, on Thursday 31st of October and on Saturday 2nd of November at 17.00-18.30 in Helsinki city center. As a thanks you will get a 50€ gift card for Verkkokauppa.com and an opportunity to get super early access to the game in the beginning of 2020. If you’re interested and could join us on both days please send a message where you tell a little bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!
- Fuengirolan kaupunki Espanjan Aurinkorannikolla järjestää vuosittain kansainväliset päivät. Ensi keväänä 29.4.-3.5.2020 Sofia-opisto hakee Suomi-Seuraan kuuluvan Asociación Finlandesa Suomelan kanssa Suomen osaston järjestämisvastuuta. Teemana on suomalaisen kulttuurin lisäksi koulutus ja innovaatiot. Ota pikaisesti yhteyttä jos haluat olla yrityksesi/tuotteesi kanssa mukana ensi vuonna tässä jopa miljoonan kävijän huipputapahtumassa! Yhteydenotot yv:llä tai email@example.com.
- A few months ago, Nopia released Oku Game. Oku’s record label loved the game art so much that they asked Nopia to make the music video for his next song, which also happens to feature the Finnish rap group Raptori.
- Iceflake Studios Oy releases Surviving the Aftermath on Epic Games Store Early Access and Xbox One Game Preview. Check the trailer!
- “Finland, what latitude are we talking about?” – Helsinki surprised Supercell’s Melanie Dower and now she helps other movers to adjust
- Jyväskylän kaupungin johtajan Timo Koiviston sanat Digi & Game Centeristä videon muodossa. / The major of the City of Jyväskylä TImo Koivisto talks about Digi & Game Center Jyväskylä on the video
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.