Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 47/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 23-25 November Junction / Helsinki
- 30.11.2018 klo 10.00-13.45 mobiili- ja AR-teknologian työpaja / Helsinki
- 3th Nov. IGDA Helsinki December seminar+gathering w/ Veikkaus Game Studio
- 4-5th Dec. Slush
- 12th Dec Museot pelissä – Museums at Play / Helsinki
- 14th Dec Oulu Creative Industry Christmas Party
- 25-27th January Global Game Jam if you want to run a site, apply now!
- 29th January Games First London 2019
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Helsinki
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Seriously has quite few openings right now. They are looking for example:
– Level Designer
– 3D/Technical Artist
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Hopper’s Musical Adventure is now available in Appstore and Google Play
- Shotgun Gaming Oy released Clay Hunt START! on iOS and Android
- Iceflake Studios releses Ice Lakes in China
- Pelipaja released Emma and Meet The Woodrows
- Nitro Games’ new game Heroes of Warland is now available on Android on the Google Play store and iOS on the App Store + got featured in Google Play!
- Adventure Islands Games released Duke Dashington Remastered on STEAM
- Trine Games released on Nintendo Switch
- Tickets for The Name of the Game documentary now available! The movie “is a feature-length documentary about the team up between the legendary arcade game designer, Eugene Jarvis, and the Finnish game developer, Housemarque.”
- Some new images of Project: Longtail
- Quest Available: Game Testing You are invited to the Unicorn Pirates Studio in Lehtisaari to test a new game.
- Barotrauma is coming to Early Access in a few months
- What have you always wanted to ask top investors in gaming? Now is your chance! Reply with your question here and the best Qs will make it to Press Play funding panel!
- New rental places is soon available in Kamppi, Helsinki, right next to metrostation. All questions and contacts to Pekka Leskelä, contanct info below! / Nitro Games firma muuttaa pois – Helsingistä Autotalosta, suoraa metron vierestä Kampissa olisi vapautumassa kiva tila todella, noin 83 neliötä – kilpailukykyisellä vuokralla. KAIKKI KYSELYT TÄNNE: Pekka Leskelä
Helsingin Seuratupayhdistys ry, sihteeri firstname.lastname@example.org p. 050 452 4873
- Gregory Pellechi latest episode of Video Game Sauna is now available to download or stream wherever you get your podcasts
- Beautiful new screenshots of Oceanhorn – The Adventure Video Game/ Oceanhorn 2 – November 2018 – Work in progress screenshots.
- Game security company Kamu enters new level with legendary Epic Games
- Apply to Games Factory Farm League check the mentors
- New dev strategy for Angry Birds developer Rovio as it gets to work on 12 new games
- Transit King turned 1 year at last week
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.