Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 48/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 30.11.2018 klo 10.00-13.45 mobiili- ja AR-teknologian työpaja / Helsinki
- 3th Nov. IGDA Helsinki December seminar+gathering w/ Veikkaus Game Studio
- 4-5th Dec. Slush
- 12th Dec Museot pelissä – Museums at Play / Helsinki
- 14th Dec Oulu Creative Industry Christmas Party
- 25-27th January Global Game Jam if you want to run a site, apply now!
- 29th January Games First London 2019
- Early Bird Ticket Deadline is nowish!
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Helsinki
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Fandom Sports is hiring CTO / Head of Studio to HELSINKI.
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Rovio buys strategy game studio PlayRaven
- Matchmade raises $4.8 million for influencer game marketing
- Vesa Raudasoja steps up as chairman of IGDA (global) board!
- Nuorille suunnattu StepDemo-tuki keskittyy peleihin ja musiikkiin – hakuaikaa jatkettu 17.12.2018 asti
- Wanna #PlaySanta with Nopia. Instead of buying Christmas presents for each other, they used that money to buy Christmas presents for local, less-fortunate kids.
- Kajaani-based game company Biting Mascot published a demo for our 3D platformer Captain’s Tail
- Rival Games is joining charity act with Turun HOPE ry
- Over 200 hours of footage was filmed for The Name of the Game and only less than 1 % of material made into the movie. Here’s an extra featurette containing minutes of footage not seen in the movie.
- Unofficial EGDF checklist for applying Creative Europe funding for game development in 2019
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.