Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 5/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- February 3rd: Meet Finnish studios in Kyiv on 3rd February, 2018 at #GamesJobFair
- February 6th Those who are participating #PolarBearPitching event in Oulu next week, please join Apprien party and come to say hi to Noora Lehtonen and Arto Käyhkö
- February 7th Monthly Board Games Night at HIVE / Turku
- Feb 9th Games User Research Professionals breakfast @Rovio
- Feb 21st-25th Sami Game Jam
- March 19th-31st. Game Connection America
- March 19th-23rd; GDC / San Francisco
- May 8th Games First / Helsinki
- May 23-25 Nordic Game Conference / Malmö, Sweden
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Koukoi Games is looking for Back-End Developer!
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Bitecore Ltd. releases Bounce Rescue on STEAM
- Pako 2 iOS version is out!
- Tesla vs Lovecraft by 10tons is now out on Steam
- Olli the designer of TvsL is also on AMA on Reddit
- A board game fanatic looking to get into mobile and video game design.
- BitByByte’s space shooter Planet Shock is still in the works. Check out what’s been going on. Game coming out in 2018!
- Jouni Valjakka Whispered soundtrack project is progressing
- Pocket Gamer Biz; Why Rovio built Angry Birds Evolution from the ground up with in-game events in mind
- See the latest features (AI and IK movement for NPC characters) of Planetrism
- Sami Game Jam deadline is on 3rd of Feb. Apply now.
- Remedy redid their Careers/Finland pages and now offering a lots of information of Finland in general
- (Article only in Finnish) Seriously gaining already 36 million (profitable) turnover; Ötökkäpeli Best Fieds osui kultasuoneen – Pelitalo Seriously teki jo 36 miljoonan liikevaihdon kannattavasti
- Medals of War cinematic short film
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.