Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 51/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- Looking for a job; Juha Hakola shares his portfolio
- 10th January; Get funded! How to fund your games with existing support measures? / Helsinki
- Design Workshop; Wearables, Games and Extended Reality / Tampere (Note: Reasonable travel expenses(i.e. Train or Bus Tickets) will be compensated for the participants who reside outside of Tampere.)
13 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Bioadaptive Game Design for Wearable Supported Extended Reality
15 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Social Interaction in Extended Reality Games through Wearables
17 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Costumes as Extended Reality Game Controllers
23 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Synthesis Workshop (We expect all participants to participate in the Synthesis Workshop)
24 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Fusion Workshop (We expect all participants to participate in the Fusion Workshop )
Application Form: https://bit.ly/wearxrworkshopApplication Deadline: 03.01.2020Notification of Acceptance: 05.01.2020
- 20th-21st January Pocket Gamer Connects London.
- 7th of February Grand opening of Digi & Game Center / Jyväskylä
- 8th February, Game Business Booster 2020 / Jyväskylä
- 3rd of March Game Audio Awards 2020
- April 1st Games First / London
- 14th April Hyper UA Gamevasion / Copenhagen
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Polkadot Studios is looking for 3D & 2D artist to join their team
- Games Factory Talents launched new Games focused tech Talent board that helps Talents to land a Dream job at a Games Studio in Helsinki. Please check the positions and companies and APPLY
- Pocket hunt has launched their recruiting app for games people in Finland, Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Oceanhorn – The Adventure Video Game is nominated on Pocket Gamer People’s Choice 2020!
- Nitro Games is Announcing a new game: LOOTLAND!
10th Muse just launched the Facebook page for our upcoming app, Sana – Interactive Reading & Writing! Please follow the page to stay updated
- Peliosuuskunta Expa (Expa Game Business Co-operative) became 7 years old 12th of Dec 2019 and announces that everything is on time with Digi & Game Center; It opens as planed 1st of Jan 2020 and the Grand Opening for public will be on 7th of Feb 2020
- Supercell’s Brawl Stars generates $422 million from first year
- Company fined nearly $100k for publishing unapproved game in China. Chinese law allows companies to be fined between 5 and 10 times their revenue for unlicensed titles
- EGD 038: Working With Publishers Teppo Soininen Co-Founder and CEO Ministry of Games
- the Game UR/UX group would like to know what kind of things people want from the group. Let them know by filling out quick survey.
- If you have ever faced problems with access to data from platforms or unfair practices imposed by platforms, now would be a good moment to share these experiences with policy makers. European platform economy observatory is running a survey on improving platform’s business users access to data (among other things).
- Iron Danger had closed beta during last weekend
- Interesting co-op game cooking in Finland from Boreal Foundry; Shielta – Veil of Stars
- First War Game Cover Music Video is out! Check out Battlefield Main Theme by Game Music Collective
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.