Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 6/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- Feb 10th Pilkkipelipäivä Suomen Pelimuseossa Tampereella
- Feb 21st-25th Sami Game Jam
- March 19th-31st. Game Connection America
- March 19th-23rd; GDC / San Francisco
- May 8th Games First / Helsinki
- May 23-25 Nordic Game Conference / Malmö, Sweden
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Critical Force is looking for Influencer Manager
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Critical Ops clears one million DAUs and 34 million downloads
- Hong Kong publisher Animoca Brands acquires Finnish studio Tribeflame
- Part Time Monkey has already 25million downloads in total!
- 3rd Eye Studios’ Downward Spiral: Horus Station is supporting normal PC, PS4 and VR platforms including PSVR, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality.
- Cabals: Magic & Battle Cards is now available on Steam Early Access.
- Iceflake Studios Oy’s first Nintendo Switch game, Premium Pool Arena is out now.
- Latest art of Project: Longtail
- Stupid Stupid Games‘s NoReload Heroes intro video.
- GamePro is a recruitment training program organized by Saranen Consulting in cooperation with Neogames. The aim of the GamePro-program is to find 25 new talents for the Finnish game industry.Please leave your application before February 19th!
- Check out the latest Games Now‘s live video.
- Pelite Productions’s Roller Crash soft-launch in iOS
- On Saturday, February 10th, the Finnish Museum of Games in Tampere Finland organizes a very special ice fishing game day. In the event we will be showing Iceflake Studios Oy‘s Ice Lakes and everyone can test the game in VR
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.