Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 08/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames Finland is updating the Finnish Game company lists, inform us if you are not in the list http://www.neogames.fi/en/industry-info/operators/
- Feb. 27th – Mar. 1st 2017 Game Connection America / San Francisco
- March 8th Finland Unity User Group is visiting Futurefly Ltd Come and enjoy great talks
- March 10-12th PAX East Boston
- April 20th: RovioCon 2017! More info and registrations on: www.rovio.com/roviocon-2017
- May 4-5th Entertainment Business Arena / Helsinki
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Two Man and a Dog just doubled the number of their teams! If you want to be part of our future projects from the beginning, apply for our open positions
- Seriously is looking for level designer
- Lot of new openings at Games Jobs. Sign up to new jobs e-mail and follow companies like Seriously, Rovio, Tracktwenty/EA, Wargaming, Next, Yousician, Kielikone, RedLynx, Unity, Traplight, Playraven…and many others.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Choppa is now available on Steam!
- Mantisbite‘s Island Delta was released for the iOS on December and it’s now available for Android as well!
- Neogames Finland has started monthly logbook. So check the first logbook out and feel free to comment and give feedback.
- Last Planets featured on Appstore
- Armada Interactive secures $10 million from two seed funding rounds with Korean Investment Partners
- Flaregames launches €20 million mobile game accelerator 18-month program will target free-to-play devs lacking publishing expertise to get the most from their games
- Bad Piggies lead designer joins Two Men and a Dog.Markus Tuppurainen joins Zombie Catchers studio as executive producer.
- Kuluttajavirasto on julkaissut ohjeet siitä, miten toimia, jos lapsi tekee yllättäviä ostoksia peleissä.
- Headai‘s Chief Scientist and Chairman of the Board, Mr. Harri Ketamo has been selected as an Eisenhower Fellow 2017. Congratulations for the great achievement!
- Neogames has collected The list of Finnish Devs. in GDC/GC San Francisco
- Finland Unity User Group is visiting Futurefly Ltd on March 8th.
Come and enjoy these great talks:
– Avatars in Rawr Messenger – Toni Aittoniemi, Futurefly
– Intro to Rx, UniRx – Sakari Bergen, Yousician
– Extending the Unity Editor – Tommi Virolainen, Golf GameBook
- Elias Viglione shares his experience about indie game development
- Devs visited Fingersoft’s new HQ in Oulu and interviewed some of the guys about their work. Check it out! P.S. Tomorrow’s the last day to apply for some of the new job openings at Fingersoft, so apply now if you feel you’d like to work with us:https://fingersoft.net/jobs/
- Final line-up now announced for RovioCon 2017! Registrations on: www.rovio.com/roviocon-2017
- Anton Gauffin’s Huuuge Games finds way to grow huge in social casino games
- Women In Games Finland, This Friday will be epic, big THANKS go to our sponsors RedLynx, Colossal Order and IGDA Finland for making it possible
- Are you searching for game music and audio designer?
At Hive (Turku Game Hub) Jussi Elsilä and his company Audire Sound are offering game & video music; sound design and audio implementation.
- Peliviikko etsii suomalaista pelialan toimijaa suojelijaksi itsenäisyyden juhlavuoden Peliviikolle, jota vietetään tänä vuonna 13.-19.11. Aikaisempina vuosina suojelijoina ovat toimineet RedLynx, TeacherGaming, Housemarque ja Palringo Finland. Peliviikon suojelijalta ei edellytetä rahallista tukea, vaan toteutettava yhteistyö suunnitellaan aina yhdessä suojelijan kanssa ja on suojelijan näköistä. Lisätietoja voi kysellä kommenteilla, yksityisviestillä tai sähköpostilla (email@example.com).
- Russian Pro Pilkki II players made this absolutely amazing video about “Pro Pilkki” in real life. It is so “realistic” (hmm.. real life looks like a game?) that many people have tapped their screens and tried to “play that video”. I have seen people mimicking anime or diablo characters, but this is something new – ProPilkkicon or something
- Björn Lindholm runs the twitch Game Development community on twitch.They are looking for strategic partners to help build a positive community around game development.Send a message if it sounds interesting, or just to say hi.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s listhttp://www.neogames.fi/week-7-2017/