Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 9&10/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames Finland is updating the Finnish Game company lists, inform us if you are not in the list http://www.neogames.fi/en/industry-info/operators/
- March 10-12th PAX East Boston
- 22 March. Patent seminar on how to apply for a trademark, or a patent, for your game(s) in the USA? / Event in Helsinki. Read more http://bit.ly/2lZQAW0 and register by 20 March 2017. It’s free of charge.
- April 20th: RovioCon 2017! More info and registrations on: www.rovio.com/roviocon-2017
- May 4-5th Entertainment Business Arena / Helsinki
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Rovio’s Summer Trainee positions are now open. Check out and apply
- Sulake is looking for 3D Artist
- Foxglove Studios is hiring! Programmer and analyst positions open right now and more coming.
They have experienced and 100% remote team vaguely based in Stockholm but have people all over the world.
- Join the brand new Polka Dot Studio and be part of developing best fashion games for mobile.
- ActionSquad is looking for kick-ass Senior Game Programmer (C# / Unity3D) hiding somewhere in Finland.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Hovercrash is out now on Google Play
- Small Giant Games just launched a new game: Empires & Puzzles is now globally available! Download for iOS and for Android
- Time Fix Tim is available on GooglePlay
- Constellation Distantia is available on STEAM
- Finnish Game Developer Small Giant closes 5.4 million EUR funding led by Swedish EQT Ventures. (link also in Finnish)
- Mobile Game Company Next Games announces its intention to launch an initial public offering and listing on Nasdaq First North Finland market place.
- Panic Art Studios is closing in on 2 million copies sold on steam!
- 3rd Eye Studios VR team (uploadvr.com/3rd-eye-studios-company-reveal/) would like offer opportunity to participate to closed beta and be among the first trying out Downward Spiral: Prologue. It’s unique, the most immersive journey you have ever experienced. If you have VR ready PC and HTC Vive / Oculus Rift with Touch controllers, go to website and sign up!
- Video game Cities Skylines helps plan Stockholm development
- 3min interview clip about how Housemarque is going self-publishing. I talked to Ilari Kuittinen in the Oulu game lab premises.
- Juha Sadeharju joining as PlayRaven’s new COO
- The next expansion for Cities: Skylines announced!
- BA thesis survey about the growth and survival of developers. In English and In Finnish
- Episode 6: Ari Pulkkinen, the mastermind behind the Angry Birds’ theme song
- Lainarahoituksen saamisen pitäisi helpottua Ålandsbankenista, Osuuspankista ja Oma Säästöpankista.
- Kamina Dimension has weeklong sale for Grab the Bottle, starting now!
- At Nordic Game in May we’ll question some (of our) clichéed views of us (ourselves) – the games industry. In line with what I’ve written, possibly, but am also very grateful for all ideas and tips on how we could best do that!
- Rustois releasing a Demo for our drunken brawling simulator Drunk-Fu: Wasted Masters tonight alongside its Greenlight campaign. Go give a Vote.
- New game Studio from Tampere+ Facebook page
- Rescuebusters on luonnut lapsia opettavan paloturvallisuuspelin
- Haste Heist is made by Oulu-based student group. Please test our game and give us feed-bac
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s listhttp://www.neogames.fi/week-7-2017/http://www.neogames.fi/week-8-2017/