- ViLLE Edugame Hackathon on March 20-22 in Turku
- The Finnish Game Awards 2015 will be held on April 21st in Helsinki. Registration is now open!
- GDC Europe 2015 dates (August 3-4) & call for submissions. Read more here.
- Colossal Order’s city builder Cities: Skylines was released and it has received tons of praises!
- Antti Ojala released Duck Bumps for iOS
- Asmo Jussila released Blast Course for iPad
- Jyri Kilpeläinen released Super WeaselPecker: Air Ride on Google Play and iOS and Super Llama Chase: Road Run for iOS
- Damnation City of Death by Antiproto was released for Steam Early Access
- Codespace Ky released Dungeon Jump for iOS. Check out the trailer.
- Tomodomo released Kaiku for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. See the trailer!
- Finnish Video Games: A History and Catalog out in August. Stay tuned for an e-book!
- The Nordic Game Institute has confirmed Nordic Game Program development support for 2015
- Read a blog post: How do I get a job in the games industry?
- SongHi to start cooperation with the Spanish telecommunications giant Telefónica
- Digital Hammer is looking for testers for Zeta Fighters
- Gamezebo’s top games of February had two Finns as Rival Games’ The Detail and ZORG’s AG Drive made the list.
- University of Lapland is starting a new degree in audio (in Finnish)
- Read about the game developer scene in Jyväskylä (in Finnish)
- 10monkeys is making “a math personal trainer” with Tekes support (in Finnish)
- Help a student! Game Start-Up Questionnaire – in 5 minutes
- Check out a demo and a gameplay video of Kinahmi Games’ Galactic Conquerors
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. See last week’s post here.