The weekly summary will go for a summer break – see you in few weeks!
- IGDA Nordic UA Forum & June Gathering June 2nd EL Jefe (Erottajankatu 15-17 Helsinki) at; 17:00 -18:30. Registration to the seminar is required. To RSVP book a ticket on the event’s EventBrite page. The evening will continue open for all at 19:00 as IGDA Finland June Gathering, sponsored by TUNE.
- Are you planning to go to gamescom 2015? Join the Nordic Booth! Check out the offer on the Neogames website. We have associate exhibitor packages, meeting rooms and as a a new addition, few demo stations. Register before June 5th to guarantee maximum visibility!
- Oulu Game Lab Summer Party at June 10
- Midnight Pitch Fest June 11-12 2015 Oulu
- Aalto Media Lab’s demo day, Thursday May 28th
- 28.05. Boost the Game! – Game Industy Fact day
(Buustia peliin! -pelialan tietoisku)
- Everywear Games releases update for Runeblade – The Desolation with a nice media coverage
- Rival Games releases The Detail Episode 2 – From the Ashes. Get yours here:http://store.steampowered.com/app/358120/
- SongHi launched Melody Monsters in China
- Frogmind’s BADLAND Game of the year edition released on Steam and consoles (PSN, PS4, PS3, PSVita, Xbox One) + PC, Mac & Linux.
- Remedy veteran starts new Finnish game startup; Futurefly
- More Finnish game veterans break off to create new mobile game studio Futureplay
- Open position in Turku Game Lab
- Open positions at Seriously
- Job Opportunity in Berlin – http://berlinstartupjobs.com/…/art-director-fm-treasurehunt/
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- Far-Out Game has been Greenlit!
- Tribeflame looking for support for Benji Bananas to get trough Steam Green Light; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=437156438
- Vote for Tennis in the Face by 10tons in Steam Greenlight:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/…
- Kraftix Games looking for support to pass Steam Greenlight with Alien Robot Monsters
- Elokuussa ilmestyvää Pelien valtakunta -kirjaa voi jo ennakkotilata – ja hyvään ennakkotilaajan tarjoushintaan. (norm 35€, tästä tilattuna 27,5€) http://www.atena.fi/pelikirja Isommista tilauksista saa kustantamolta erikoishintoja, niistä voi kysyä email@example.com
- Neogames coordinator Suvi Latva sharing her opinions (lyrics…) “How the new generation of Finnish start-ups are riding the winds of change” Pocket Gamer Biz column.
- Interesting read by Tim Merrel; Mobile valuations split as investments and exits diverge.
- Kuopio-based 3D Online Factory lets you print out your favorite characters e.g. Swedish game Magicka, Batman, Thunderbirds.
- Ouluun Suomen ensimmäinen pelialaan keskittynyt kiihdyttämö
- Great tips to engage your audience very strongly in a blog “Seduce your players to love the game”
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. See last week’s post here.