The weekly summary is back from its summer break! So much awesomeness happened during the summer – here’s only a fraction of it…
- Check out the participants at the Nordic Pavilion in Gamescom, Cologne (5.-7.8.)
- Pocket Gamer Connects in Helsinki, 7.-8.9.
- Rovio released Angry Birds 2 on App Store and Google Play. And got 10 million downloads in 4 days
- Almost Human released Legend of Grimrock for iOS
- Johannes Eski released World of Soccer online for iOS and Android
- Antti Ojala released Donut vs Donut on App Store
- BelleGames published mobile game Master of Ice Bowling in Windows Phone Store and Google Play
- Tiny Troopers reached 2 million downloads
- Developing console games is not that popular in Finland (in Finnish)
- Shark Punch CEO Jiri Kupiainen on why you need to build your game’s community months before it’s released
- Ministry of Games secures major investors before launch
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. See the previous post here.