Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 33/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- Aug. 22-26th Games Com / Cologne
- Aug. 26. Sepeli ry järjestää leikkimielisen pelientekokilpailun, eli pelijamit . klo 10-20 / Seinäjoki
- Aug. 28th Meet the Hangzhou Gaming Delegation in Helsinki. RSVP to (suvi(AT)neogamesDOTfi)
- Sep. 16th. MAD Week 2017: Pelihahmo(piirustus)työpaja Otavan asemalla
- Sept. 19-20th PG Connects Helsinki
- Sept. 20th Game Music Collective in Concert. Listen the sample
- Sept. 22-23 4C Conference at St. Petersburg
- Oct. 5-6th Northern Game Summit, Kajaani
- Oct 11, 20917. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
- 19.-21.10. on areenatapahtuma Turussa. Mukana lanit, eSM-turnauksia, miniatyyriturnauksia, MTG:ia, expo-alue, tubettajia (esim. eeddspeaks ja Ink Owl) Tapahtuman liput ovat myynnissä nyt
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
- 16-19th Nov. G-Star Korea
- 17-18th of Nov 2017 #XmasJKL is coming AGAING!
- 30Nov-1st Dec SLUSH HELSINKI
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Elina Lappaisen ja Jussi Kaakisen Nyt pelittää -lastentietokirja julkaistiin tällä viikolla.
- Housemarque released Matterfall for PS4
- Motorious’ Top Gear Road Trip for iOS out now, Android coming soon. Download the iOS-version and The Stig approves
- Facebook and Supercell partner on Clash of Clans AR experience
- Rovio’s revenue increased by 94% in the second quarter
- RUMOR: Report: Angry Birds developer Rovio plots IPO at $2 billion valuation (?)
- Critical Ops hits 25 million downloads as mobile shooter preps for esports and Asia
- Pako turned 3 years this week ! To celebrate that, here is vol.2 of the soundtrack!
- Two of Part Time Monkey’s games (Space Frontier and Silly Walks) are in the US Top 10 Games list!
- Finnish indie scene well represented on this week’s most popular games (Silly Walks & Power Hover: Cruise) according to AppStatics!
- Follow the project Planetarism
- Tickets to Game Music Collective‘s Concert on Sep. 20th.
- MTV3 Huomenta Suomi -program and had a short discussion how mobile games can motivate people to move and stay active. If you are interested, go ahead and check the link and starting time below (In Finnish). Starts from: 45:30
- Kamina Dimension’s partnered up with Hangzhou Yunkun Network Tecnology Co., LTD from China to bring Grab the Bottle for mobile devices in September!
- If you are interested in European funding, check this Takes info session (in Finnish) about EU SME instrument.
- Seeking for speakers to Peliosuuskunta Expa/ IGDA Finland Jyväskylä Hub gatherings! Upcoming Game industry event at Jyväskylä – Share them freely and join to the events!
- Frostbullet‘s game STATUS: INSANE will finally be released on Steam October 2017! They want to celebrate it by organizing a lottery in which they will give away five (5) beautiful high-quality STATUS: INSANE posters
- Power Hover: Cruise, was nicely featured on the app stores all-around the globe.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.