This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish games industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon.
- Registration for the Nordic booth at Game Connection Paris (Oct 29-31) has started
- Tekes Skene Game Business Event & Investor Pitching Workshop will be held on the 9 of September in Helsinki
- Early bird tickets for Beatcon music and game festival at Jyväskylä (Jan 29-31) are now available
- Gajatri Studios launched Yoga Retreat worldwide on iOS
- Meizi Games released Hamsterscape: Triple jump on Google Play and Windows Phone 8
- Mobilive’s game Gold Miners is now on AppStore
- Housemarque announced their new IP Alienation at Gamescom
- Seriously announced their first game, Best fiends. Read more here.
- Mindfield Games released trailer for their game Pollen
- Remedy revealed a gameplay demo and screenshots of their new game Quantum Break at Gamescom
- Colossal Order announced their new game Cities: Skylines at Gamescom
- Kukouri announced Tiny Troopers: Alliance.
- Filosofian akatemia etsii harjoittelijaa tekemään pelialan tutkimusta
- Boomlagoon is hiring
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- All the amazing Finnish games industry trailers and talks are now in one place, at the Play Finland Youtube channel
- Researcher Mikko Meriläinen was interviewed for Yle about game education
- Frozenbyte and Gigglebug Entertainment received development support from Creative Europe. Congrats!
- Tree Men Games and its Pako made the TouchArcade’s Game of the Week
- Small Giant Games has updated their website
- Help a student with her Master’s Thesis (if you are an artist)