Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 38/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- Sept 22nd Panic Art Studios Game Jam
- Sept. 22-23 4C Conference at St. Petersburg
- Sept 25th 3pm EEST. Games Now! lecture series’ fifth year is starting with a rocking lecturer Jaakko Kemppainen! online or at Otaniemi, Design Factory.
- Sept. 26th IGDA Finland September Gathering
- Oct. 3rd Regulatory Requirements in Chinese Games Market / Helsinki
- Oct. 5-6th Northern Game Summit, Kajaani
- Oct. 10-11th, White Nights in Moscow.
- Finnish developer can get a booth for free at the exhibition and enjoy networking with world-leading companies.
- 15% discount for IGDA members
- Oct 11, 20917. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
- 19.-21.10. on areenatapahtuma Turussa. Mukana lanit, eSM-turnauksia, miniatyyriturnauksia, MTG:ia, expo-alue, tubettajia (esim. eeddspeaks ja Ink Owl) Tapahtuman liput ovat myynnissä nyt
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
- 16-19th Nov. G-Star Korea
- 17-18th of Nov 2017 #XmasJKL is coming AGAING!
- 30Nov-1st Dec SLUSH HELSINKI
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Jani Penttinen (one of the first and most experienced game developers in Finland) is looking for a really kick-ass game artist and an amazing level designer for a project. While he’s not looking to hire anyone for a full time job, but obviously prepared to pay for the work done and/or share of proceeds.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Grab the Bottle released for Android and iOS.
- Finland’s first chat-games-only studio, Quicksave is happy to announce their first game: Best & Bester!
- Nitro Games‘ first self-published mobilegame Medals of War is now live in 77 countries!
- Ocmo & Frozen Vision won the Pocket Gamer’s Big Indie Pitch competition!
- Rovio eyes $1 billion valuation for October IPO
- Xmas JKL Nov 17.-18. Jyväskylä, Finland Speakers 2017 -Tickets shall come to sale soonish!
- From Zero to 15M Downloads, an Indie Dev Journey
- Loiste Interactive announces that the INFRA: Part 3 will be released on September 27th 2017
- Critical Ops and Amazon join forces in eSports event in Las Vegas
- Pelien näkyvyys arjessa kasvaa ja yliopistojen kiinnostus ilmiötä kohtaan lisääntyy. Vaasan yliopisto haluaa seuraavana yliopistona tukea alueensa kehitystä alalla.
- Secret Exit we’ve been building an art pipeline from Maya to Unity which is focused on vertex colors and OpenSubdivs.
- Next Gamesin toimitusjohtaja Teemu Huuhtanen Inderes osakeanalyysipalvelun haastattelussa.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.