- Want to see your game in the G-STAR family game exhibition? Submit it to this competition on Sept 30 at the latest
- Junior Game Jam on Oct 17-19 in Helsinki. Apply now if you are between 13-17 years and have some experience with games/programming/graphics
- Game Connection, Paris will be Oct 29-31. See who will be joining the Nordic Pavilion!
- Turbo Dismount by Secret Exit is now available for iOS
- RGB Express by Bad Crane is now available for iOS
- See the trailer of Fallman by Glad Game Studio. It made it to the EGX Leftfield Collection indie-showcase!
- More details released about Seriously’s Best Fiends
- Apply for Tekes funding for development and internationalisation
- Koneen Säätiö is giving micro-grants of 50-500 euros after a 5-minute pitch
- Koopee Hiltunen from Neogames on the Finnish morning show Huomenta Suomi talking about the Finnish games industry (in Finnish)
- Thomas Puha from Umbra Software also on Huomenta Suomi talking about their success (in Finnish)
- Developer, if you have problems registering your bank details to AppStore, read our instructions
- See the teaser trailer of Finnish Game Design (documentary)
- Five more days to apply to Game Executive program by Aalto EE (and thanks to ELY, it’s cheaper than ever)
- Three more days to apply to GamePro program for those wanting to work in the game industry
- Read more about Tony Sundell – the man behind soon-to-be-released Bunker
- Games can help in recovering from a brain injury (in Finnish)
- DevParents are asking “Can we create games and be good parents?”
- Game industry was also on this year’s matriculation examination with an essay “Will the game industry save Finland?”
- A new book Pelisilmää ja sävelkorvaa states that you should learn internationalisation from game companies and heavy bands
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish games industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. See last week’s post here.