Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 41/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 19.-21.10. on areenatapahtuma Turussa. Mukana lanit, eSM-turnauksia, miniatyyriturnauksia, MTG:ia, expo-alue, tubettajia (esim. eeddspeaks ja Ink Owl) Tapahtuman liput ovat myynnissä nyt
- 30th Oct Games For Health Finland / Kuopio
- Nov. 1st Gamexperience – Parempia pelikokemuksia ja pelillistämistä / Helsinki
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
- Nov 2nd Live Game Dev Showdown Competition Sponsored by Nvidia / Espoo
- Can you code, speedpaint, or otherwise create something cool in less than 30 minutes? Submit a video of your skills (DL Fri 27th Oct) – the top 3 will win a NVIDIA Geforce 1080 graphics card (worth 1000€) and get invited to do their performances live at the event stage.
- Nov 8th. Board Games at Hive / Turku
- 16-19th Nov. G-Star Korea
- 17-18th of Nov 2017 #XmasJKL is coming AGAING! Early Bird sales will continue until Sunday 15.10. 23:59.
- 23rd Nov. 2017 SyysGraph / JUNCTION; Hack\Talks
- 24th-26th November Junction / Espoo
- 30Nov-1st Dec SLUSH HELSINKI
- January 22-23 2018 Pocket Gamer Connects London
- May 8th Games First
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- PS4 teacher? As we’re now a PS Academy First partner, we will have education on consoles for our students. If you’re interested, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- 10tons releases Neon Chrome on Nintendo Switch
- Lucius Demake is available for Android now.
- 3rd Eye Studios raises $1 millionFunding from Colopl, Karl Magnus Troedsson and others will go towards 3rd Eye Core VR tools and Downward Spiral IP
- PlayRaven partners with CCP Games on development of Project Aurora, an original free-to-play mobile game set in the EVE universe
- Small Giant Games’ Empires & Puzzles is now Top-100 grossing in over 60 countries, including US, Germany and France!
- TJR announces a new game together with Advanced Interactive Gaming, say hello to Worbital! Coming to PC and consoles in 2018.
- GameDevCompany, a Finnish game development broadcaster, has been chosen to be Twitch’s Creative Spotlight on Twitch Weekly!
- “Jos kukaan studio tekee kevyttä 3D-sisältöä johon verteksivärit sopivat, pistimme juuri open sourceksi studion sisäisen Maya 2018 -työkalumme. Sen kantavana ajatuksena on Mayan color settien esittäminen Photoshop-henkisenä layer stackina.”
- Gloriana Games team and project “Maids&Matchability won the first prize at Boost Startup Journey 2017
- Supercell participated the International Day of the Girl!
- Pelijournoveteraanit joukkorahoittavat uutta retro pelilehteä
- Europe’s biggest hackathon Junction is coming again and applications are OPEN NOW. Just like the past years, they provide travel reimbursement and free accommodation!
- Personal space agency (PSS) plus Tuomas Erikoinen have been workking with other things to make humanity multiplanetary. Play iOS or Android
- Areena-pelit Mesenaatti.me joukkorahoituskampanjan aukioloaikaa jatketaan 14 päivällä!
- Devs visited Northern Game Summit – NGS at Kajaani last week and had a chance to do a quick interview with the legend himself! Housemarque we meet at the market square? “Torilla tavataan!”
- The HIVE – Turku Game Hub has elected new board at the annual meeting, congrats!
- Natasha Bulatovic Trygg (Snowfall), Chairperson
Oskari Tamminen (IGDA Finland Turku Hub), Vice President
Jami Andersson (Morrow Games), Communications Manager
Jussi Elsilä (Audire Sound),Finances
Kasperi Ekqvist (Plush Pop Soft)
Juho Laakso (BitWeird)
Satu Lummevuo (Siroic)
Jussi Lipponen (JS Games)
Rebekka Muntola (Gloriana Games)
- Natasha Bulatovic Trygg (Snowfall), Chairperson
- Licia Prehn is curious if anyone would be interested to get some play testing to make their games more accessible for the visually-impaired.
- Nasty weather and 14 badass startups – meet the Fall ’17 batch. Polkadot is one of them
- AI controlled robots from Planetrism VR Game invade Turku, Finland. At least in Augmented Reality (AR).
- Suosittu YouTube-nörtti sai oman sarjan – näin syntyi Nörtti: Dragonslayer666
- Sapeli Studio’s new Foolbal game is coming out November 9th on iOS!
- An update on how Firetail Games‘s game is progressing
- Äänestä vuoden Pelikasvattajaa
- Gloriana Games is all about story driven mobile games for casual players, check the article at Turun Sanomat (in Finnish)
- Alt.Ctrl.GDC needs your unique alternative controller games!
- Lahti University of Applied Sciences hasstarted this awesome project called GameChangers in August. They are aiming to get more women and girls into the games industry and promote equality.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.