Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 42/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 19.-21.10. on areenatapahtuma Turussa. Mukana lanit, eSM-turnauksia, miniatyyriturnauksia, MTG:ia, expo-alue, tubettajia (esim. eeddspeaks ja Ink Owl) Tapahtuman liput ovat myynnissä nyt
- 30th Oct Games For Health Finland / Kuopio
- Nov. 1st Gamexperience – Parempia pelikokemuksia ja pelillistämistä / Helsinki
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
- Nov 2nd Live Game Dev Showdown Competition Sponsored by Nvidia / Espoo
- Can you code, speedpaint, or otherwise create something cool in less than 30 minutes? Submit a video of your skills (DL Fri 27th Oct) – the top 3 will win a NVIDIA Geforce 1080 graphics card (worth 1000€) and get invited to do their performances live at the event stage.
- Nov 8th. Board Games at Hive / Turku
- 16-19th Nov. G-Star Korea
- 17-18th of Nov 2017 #XmasJKL is coming AGAING! Early Bird sales will continue until Sunday 15.10. 23:59.
- 23rd Nov. 2017 SyysGraph / JUNCTION; Hack\Talks
- 24th-26th November Junction / Espoo
- 30Nov-1st Dec SLUSH HELSINKI
- January 22-23 2018 Pocket Gamer Connects London
- May 8th Games First
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Seriously is looking for a talented Server Programmer
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- 10tons releases Time Recoil for iOS
- Lost Home released on STEAM
- Silly bartending experience Taphouse VR is now available on HTC Vive and Oculus Rift on Steam Early Access!
- Prodigium Game Studios‘s Roller Dash! Available now in the Play Store, App store soon
- 10tons AMA is released on Nintendo Switch
- Kukouri’s Tiny Troopers is coming for Nintendo Switch!
- Fitness Village shapes up for global launch
- Tencent-jättikaupan jälkeen Supercell on rakentanut toimintaansa Kiinassa uusiksi. Uusi Kiinan-johtaja Jim Yang rakentaa uutta kasvua paikallisen markkinoinnin, e-urheilun ja Tencentin tuen varaan (in Finnish)
- Hill Climb Racing developer Fingersoft launches data-driven publishing label Round Zero
- Monetization for Developers Coming to Instant Games on Messenger
- Planetrism ask to join them via Discord: https://discord.gg/JxURFgJ
- Second Order‘s Claybook on STEAM Early Access
- Mobiilipelien sms-pohjaiset maksut suljetaan isosta osasta Kiinan provinsseja puoluekokouksen ajaksi.
- It is easier for Critical force to get senior programmers with their families to move to Kajaani from Seoul than from Helsinki (Article in Finnish)
- Tero Lunkka’s Nash Racing is in discount on STEAM
- See the first post of Robber Docks, platformer
- Junction 2017 Game Jam is looking for some volunteers to Mentor and maybe even Judge.
- Frostbullet’s STATUS: INSANE EPIC Trailer remastered
- Remedy’s CEO on the cover of Optio
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.