Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 43/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 30th Oct Games For Health Finland / Kuopio
- Nov. 1st Gamexperience – Parempia pelikokemuksia ja pelillistämistä / Helsinki
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
- Nov 2nd Live Game Dev Showdown Competition Sponsored by Nvidia / Espoo
- Can you code, speedpaint, or otherwise create something cool in less than 30 minutes? Submit a video of your skills (DL Fri 27th Oct) – the top 3 will win a NVIDIA Geforce 1080 graphics card (worth 1000€) and get invited to do their performances live at the event stage.
- Nov 2nd Tampere Unity Meetup with Leonidas
- Nov 8th. Board Games at Hive / Turku
- 16-19th Nov. G-Star Korea
- 17-18th of Nov 2017 #XmasJKL is coming AGAING! Early Bird sales will continue until Sunday 15.10. 23:59.
- 23rd Nov. 2017 SyysGraph / JUNCTION; Hack\Talks
- 24th-26th November Junction / Espoo
- 30Nov-1st Dec SLUSH HELSINKI
- January 22-23 2018 Pocket Gamer Connects London
- May 8th Games First
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Remedy is looking for talents to join them in making the next great story-driven games.
- RedLynx has open position for community manager
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Bugbyte’s Battle Void; Sector Siege released on Steam, Google Play, and iOS
- The Sidekicks is out in iOS
- Lost Home will be on steam soon. (article on Finnish)
- Duke Dashington Remastered, remake of mobile game Duke Dashington that came out in 2014 will be released on the App Store on 9th of November!
- Bugbyte’s Battle Void; Sector Siege is in top paid games in USA
- Jouni Valjakka, is a composer who is looking for projects.
- Seriously is soft launching next game: Best Fiends Rivals! Available initially on iOS in Finland with more countries/platforms to follow
- EXPA JKL looking for more speakers to Peliosuuskunta Expa / IGDA Finland Jyväskylä Hub gathering for Tue 31st Oct.
- New website from Tampere’s Virtual Dawn. Besides VR they also have a wide range of experience in producing computer generated graphics for more traditional mediums such as television, movies and games.
- Virtual Air Guitar Company has some furniture for sale or for free
- Snowfall recently moved to The HIVE – Turku Game Hub where are located most of the gamedev companies in #Turku. Their second game is ready for alpha-testers. Moomin Under Sail adventures continue ashore through match-3 gameplay. Those who wish to sign up for game Moomin Under Sail – Match & Explore testing, fill in this form. In addition they are announcing new Moomin Sticker App that will be available to all major chatting platforms and social media channels from December this year – just before Christmas!
- “Exploration and Private Sector” pre-alpha presentation of the Real Time Strategy and Society Management game Planet Colonization
- Tuhoaako pelaaminen lapsemme? Vai onko siitä heille hyötyä? Paljonko lasten pitäisi saada pelata? Näistä kysymyksistä puhuu Taikapiirissä filosofian tohtori ja lastenpsykiatriaan erikoistuva lääkäri Jaana Wessman. Kuuntele Areenasta tai lataa podcast.
- Ocmo is one of the finalists for the Game Development World Championship
- Check out Toad Kings’s video
- Games Now Autumn 2017 lecture schedule is updated!
- Parta Games Choppa is currently trending app “5 in US Google Play
- Combo Breaker‘s Sociable Soccer Gameplay #02
- Skyrim modder uses real life photography to recreate gorgeous Finnish forests
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.