- Tomorrow (Nov 15) will be the national game day in Finland. Participate with #pelihaaste!
- The Game Cave – Serious Gaming Event by Serious Gaming Cluster Finland in Helsinki on Nov 17
- Pitch your indie game at the Big Indie Pitch Helsinki on Nov 17
- Biggest IGDA Finland evening ever on Nov 17 in Helsinki. Sign up now!
- Pocket Gamer Mobile Mixer on Nov 18 in Helsinki
- Slush Mobile Mixer on Nov 18 in Helsinki
- At Slush a gaming track on Nov 18. See the complete schedule!
- Gamedu will be in Kouvola Nov 20-21
- Zeta Fighters by Digital Hammer was soft-launched in Finland
- Turbo Dismount by Secret Exit is now available also for Android
- Tennis in the Face by 10tons is now available for PS4 in SCEE region
- World of Warhorse: Castle Defence by Otus Games was released for Windows Phone
- Finnish game companies with a business-ID (y-tunnus)! Please answer our survey about the industry’s growth, development and current state. Answer as quick as possible, Nov 30 the latest.
- Ilkka Paananen, the CEO of Supercell, shares his insights about the Finnish Phenomenon
- Two Men and a Dog talks about their awesome first week after Zombie Catchers release (in Finnish)
- Frozenbyte has sold over 8 million games during their 13 years!
- MyGamez on why full localisation wasn’t key to Hill Climb Racing’s success in China
- Does a successful game come down to the right formula? GameRefinery thinks they’ve found it
- Yle morning show talks about women and gaming (in Finnish)
- NordicGameBits interviewed Jyri Kilpeläinen: The Experiences of a Spare Time Game Developer
- A survey: the extent of game education in Finland was suprising (in Finnish)
- Aptroposeeni game started their crowdfunding campaign
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish games industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. See last week’s post here.