- Quantum Game Jam will be held in Piikkiö on Dec 12-14
- Finnish Game Jam will be on the 23-25 of January
- BeatCon will be in Jyväskylä on the 29-31 of January
- Kolibri Studios released its first game Lost in Heaven on the AppStore
- Wuhwuh by PinkRose was released on Google Play
- Remedy is hiring
- Aspa Foundation is looking for an executor for a safety game
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- All Finnish game companies with a business-ID (y-tunnus)! Please answer our survey about the industry’s growth, development and current state. Answer as quick as possible, Nov 30 the latest. Thanks!
- Seriously announced new funding, bringing total raised to $10M
- Critical Force wins Pocket Gamer’s Slush 2014 Big Indie Pitch. Congrats!
- Finland won the bronze medal in overall competition in the eSports World Championchips in Baku (in Finnish)
- Prisma Studio program asks: Are computer games a sport? (in Finnish)
- Devs need to move beyond what’s currently top grossing to new worlds, says Spymaster creator
- Take a survey regarding game assets
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish games industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. See last week’s post here.