In this report we will combine the week 50/2016 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames’ latest report on the Finnish game industry 2015 & China Mobile Games Report
- Pocket Gamer Connects London Jan 16th-17th
- Feb. 27th – Mar. 1st 2017 Game Connection America / San Francisco
- The opening of registration for Nordic Game 2017! The Christmas holidays are coming and in the spirit of giving, they’re offering 60% OFF on full conference passes purchased before 31 December 🙂And as a special “thank you” to the Play Finland group, the first ten passes bought using the bonus code below will receive a FREE Gala Dinner seat (normal price 500 SEK) on top of Christmas discount offer!
Here’s how to do it: A. Go to the Nordic Game 2017 registration page on conf.nordicgame.com B. Choose the “Christmas Special” pass C. Tick “I have a free Gala Dinner code” D. Find your Facebook group on the list, and insert “NG17PF7IS94NB3” as the code
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar/
- Intopalo is looking for Unity VR Developer
- Metropolia is still looking for Game Design Teacher(s)! Please contact Juha at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you think you can teach and have shipped games, have a chat!
- Valaa is looking for Full Stack Developers
- Playraven is hiring. Looking for talents to work on a top secret game IP in Helsinki
- Supercell is now looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team in Helsinki. Some keywords that hopefully makes your heart beat like a drum: UX/UI, responsive web design, graphic design, typography, layouts. Quite extraordinary chance as this is not something we are very often looking for so apply now!
- New game studio, Polka Dot Studios is looking for one Back-end Developer and one Unity Developer. Apply now!
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Shadow Bug released for Android
- Neogames Finland is updating the Finnish Game company lists, inform us if you are not in the list http://www.neogames.fi/en/industry-info/operators/
- Juho Hamari starts as a professor of Gamification in Tampere University of Technology (in Finnish)
- Nonstop Knight launches in +50 Android stores across China. Featured by Tencent, Baidu, Oppo, Xiaomi and many more!
- Preview to Part Time Monkeys’ upcoming game Breakout Ninja
- Riverian Pirates has been developing this mobile game as part of Oulu Game Lab and we just published teaser trailer and Website for it
- Software Engineering research team is conducting an online survey on the software processes and software testing tools on any sort of software development games, gamified systems and playful design included. The survey has ten questions
- Tampere Game museum consist on several classic favourites
- Housemarque: A character build-up for the documentary of making of Nex Machina!
- China bans all video streaming of unapproved games
- Zynga opens legal entity in Helsinki (in Finnish)
- The Virtual Reality Gaming Phenomenon Flushy Fish VR is Targeting 1 Billion Downloads by 2020
- Wayraider Games Design Director has recently written an interesting post outlining some core fundamentals of universe/world building.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list