- Nordic Game Institute is part of Pocket Gamer Connects London 2015 in January 13-14. See our offer!
- The Nordic offer is now available for Game Connection America (March 2-5 in San Francisco). Sign up before 12.1.!
- Twelve days left to submit your game for the International Mobile Gaming Awards. The ceremony will be on March 3 in San Francisco.
- Hamsterscape: Super Slinger by Meizi Games is now available for Windows Phone and Android
- FanART Games released Mega Fan Beta for Android
- Colortino by Cubijoy was released for iPhone, iPad and on Google Play
- EA Finland game studio tracktwenty proudly presents its first game: SimCity BuildIt – available on AppStore and Google Play
- Masters of Ice Bowling by BelleGames is now available on Google Play
- First game published by Mediaholvi: M-Type on App Store
- Neogames relased the list of all Finnish games published in 2014 – try them out during the holidays!
- Jari-Pekka Kaleva comments on the new European VAT rules. Keep calm and carry on!
- SmartKid by SkillPixels was the most downloaded kid’s game in the US (in Finnish)
- Tiny Troopers: Alliance reached Top10 position in strategy games category in 145 countries
- Seriously and Best Fiends are doing a charity race called Race Againts Slime
- Gajatri Studios explains why it added heart rate support to Yoga Retreat
- Help students! Answer 1) a survey about Game Platform Migration, Enviromental and Economic Aspects (in English) and 2) a survey about free-to-play games (in Finnish)
- Forbes lists 5 Finnish start-ups to watch
- Games Now! – lectures are now all online! See e.g. the final lecture by Alessandro Canossa: “In your Face” – Player Metrics and Behaviour
- You can find game design tutorials in an app, Game Design Toolbox
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish games industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. See last week’s post here.