Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 11/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 15-21st March Pelitaiteen Slow Jam – Xamk
- 18th March Seminar (in Finnish) about Game Education in Finland / Pelialan koulutus Suomessa -seminaari
- 21-25th Mar 2022 GDC 2022 / San Francisco
- March 28th, April 28th, May 19th, June 9th 2022, 4-6pm (CET) Towards Anti-Racist Game Development in Europe Workshop
- 31st March Crypto Gaming Cabal meetup #1
- 20-22nd April Bit1: Prebits:
- Tampere 20th of April
- Helsinki 21st of April
- Turku 22nd of April
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 11th May concert by Game Music Collective
- 17th May Bit1 Final
- 17-20th May Nordic Game Conference
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- Game industry is large in Ukraine and need support now. If your company or organization is based in EU, Moldova, Romania and other countries Ukrainians can get to by land or other way and you want to help, please fill in this form to fast-track candidates who’d be interested and matching the skills we’re looking for. There are also other opportunities to support
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Several new open positions at SciPlay Finland! Location either Oulu or Helsinki area.
- Job opportunities for Ukrainians in Finland
- Wondershop is hiring a Summer Intern to help with development and testing tasks. You can be in school or in the early stages of your career – either way but wildly passionate about games, storytelling and great teams!
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Spatial Spotlight shines on Mlxar whose “vision is to provide a #nocode #AI world builder platform for the content #creatoreconomy” and #gamedevelopment
- Making Games at Rovio – Sound designing Angry Birds Reloaded cutscene with Toivo Kallio
- 10% Discount from 3D printing services for IGDA FInland-, Expa- and Arcade5 members. email@example.com
Remedy is looking for players of all tastes and skill levels to give honest feedback about the games they have in development at Remedy. Join on this page Participants receive a gift card and a Remedy swag bag!