Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 12/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- March 28th, April 28th, May 19th, June 9th 2022, 4-6pm (CET) Towards Anti-Racist Game Development in Europe Workshop
- 28 March-4th April Neighbours Game Jam, organized by Aalto University
- 31st March Crypto Gaming Cabal meetup #1
- 20-22nd April Bit1: Prebits:
- Tampere 20th of April
- Helsinki 21st of April
- Turku 22nd of April
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 11th May concert by Game Music Collective
- 17th May Bit1 Final
- 17-20th May Nordic Game Conference
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 13-14th October W Love Games
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Critical Force has an open position for Social Media Manager, someone who has a strong set of copywriting skills combined with experience in creating organic engagement!
- Turun AMK:n ICT-osaamisalue etsii Digitaalisen grafiikan asiantuntijaa projektiasiantuntijaksi peli- ja interaktiivisten teknologioiden laboratorioon.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Virtual Hunter has released a major update. Patch introduces animal taxidermy, trophy mounts and our one of a kind trophy placement system to the game.
- Turbo Sliders Unlimited is a passion project that tries to combine spirit of “Suomipelit” over 20 years ago, long before the mobile revolution and before anyone used the word indie game, with modern online features and unlimited moddability. Check the trailer!