Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 14/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- 15th April WiG Panel: How to start and quit a business – and cope with hard times
- 16th April Virtual game jam: 5G FOR GAMES
- 19-20th April PGC Digital #6
- 21-22nd April Finland Games Job Fair
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 28th of April Game Amos. Seminar, where game art meets other art forms.
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- You’ll get a free ticket for a friend/colleague if you register before 31 March!
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- SUBMIT A TALK there is still time to send your proposals for a talk / panel / workshop, as this year it will be two-days event with multiple tracks
- SUBMIT A WORKSKOP
The recorded sessions from W Games 2020 are now available on website
See also The Game Industry Events calendar Game Conference Guide Calendar Flemish Game association calendar
- Zynga’s Small Giant Games launches new mobile match-3 action-RPG Puzzle Combat
- Supercell soft-launches Clash Quest in Scandinavia
- Play Ventures raises $135M for second fund to invest in game startups
- Digi & Game Center is excited to announce new awesome partnership with AWS Game Tech
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Oleg Paliy reminds Finnish Game Developers about recruitment potential; If your studio is planning to grow,
- Game cooperative is looking for UE talent. Contact; email@example.com
- Musician Saku Vesamäki is introducing his skills and open for opportunities in cooperation with future projects.
- Next Games is looking for experienced game programmers
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
Niko Nikkilä is looking for recommendation regarding lawyer or law firm that could provide a freelancer contract suitable for game industry work for freelancer?
- Foreing investors are still interested about Finnish Game Industry start-ups. (article only in Finnish)
- Cryptic Cargo is giving away ten portable escape game sessions to disadvantaged families with teenagers, through Hope RY. Teenagers have suffered enormously during the pandemic, and with this, we can provide something to look forward to that surely won’t get cancelled, and that gives a well deserved break from the current situation
- Inquiry (in Finnish only) by University of Lappeenranta regarding F2P games
- We in Games has released their project group’s first publication;
- Gender in Play project. Researchers Antonio Rodrigues and Nevena Sićević have concluded to you a review of how character representation and diversity in games have been researched until now, including some of the key findings, and an extensive list of publications (with links)!
- Finnish Army Simulator Indiegogo-campain has started
Kayo Games Face to face with a hummingbird in Augmented Reality (with audio).
- Sockventure from Tampere-based Nighthouse Games is coming to Steam 2021 with publisher Versus Evil!