Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 17/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 4th May Finnish Game Awards
- 9th May Game Amos poikkitaiteellinen online-tapahtuma
- 1oth May “The future of game education – on the wings of PELIKAN” organised by the PELIKAN project of Kajaani University of Applied Sciences in Kajaani
- 23rd – 26th May Nordic Game Conference in Malmö and online
- 27th May IGDA Finland celebrates its 20th birthday
- 8th June Games First Helsinki. Click this link
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- On Finnish Game Awards – Big Screen Game of the Year 2022 nominees are
10tons / Undead Horde 2: Necropolis
Antti Mannisto / Turbo Sliders Unlimited
Platonic Partnership Oy / Voltage High Society
Red Stage Entertainment / Skábma – Snowfall
Vaki Games / Kingshunt
- On Finnish Game Awards – Small Screen Game of the Year 2022 nominees are:
📱 Boom Corp / Word Buddies 😃
📱 HypeHype Inc / Badland Party
📱Kuuasema / Offroad Unchained
📱Nitro Games / NERF: Superblast
📱Rovio Entertainment / Angry Birds Journey
📱Tree Men Games / PAKO Highway
- Games Capital Summit needs Finnish applicants. The deadline to apply is April 28th. Full details and submission form available.
Do you have deep, meaningful or enlightening experiences on games and playing? Write an article and earn some euros. Send your article idea by May 15th.
- Housemarque invites other game studios to participate to Kilometrikisa: a biking challenge HMQ has been participating in for a few years.
The next challenge starts on May 1st, so there’s still time to sign up.You can read more about it kilometrikisa.fi
- Oskar Riekko put up a development blog for their point-and-click RPG 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘮 𝘐𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥.