Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 18/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 11th May concert by Game Music Collective
- 17th May Bit1 Final
- 17-20th May Nordic Game Conference
20% Discount to Nordic Game Conference @ Malmö / Sweden for the members of Neogames Finland and Pelinkehittäjät Assn.
Go to: https://conf.nordicgame.com/registration/
Choose: Organisation/partner discount and select Neogames from the list
Apply code: NG22SORG_fp9qMbmt to the Discount Code box.
- 23rd May Meetup with Skunkworks
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 26th IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- tickets for conference are available
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Heroic etsii kesäkoodaajaa. Jos Unity / C# on tuttuja ja haluat kokemusta nopeasta peliprototyyppaamisesta alan konkareiden (Rovio, Lightneer, Next Games) kanssa, käsi pystyyn ja hakemusta kehiin. Yhteydenotot voi laittaa suoraan ilmari at heroicgames.org.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo application period begins today and ends 5.8. More info (in Finnish)
- WINGS Invests in indie games made by women and diverse teams. Their investment decisions are driven by a selection committee of outstanding game developers that are representative of the strength and diversity of the industry.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations here
- Jani Kahrama asks; “Hey hivemind!Do you miss sharing war stories, presenting deep insights, tools, and best practices? Beyond the occasional conference, where do everyone share their tricks of the trade?”
- New copyright legislation was changed radically at the last minute, Effi has put up a citizen initiative to push back.
- Forbidden Studios, a Turku-based game dev studio currently working on a thrilling new title, Among the Trolls, is looking for a group of 10-20 people to test Among the Trolls at our game dev studio which is located in the heart of Turku. If you’d like to be one of the first people to ever play Among the Trolls, please get in touch (in English or Finnish) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Oki is doing his master’s thesis on developer experience in Unity and am looking for mobile developers to answer survey.
- Tampere Game Hub in collaboration with the city of Tampere are introducing Tampere Game Spaces, 18 months of free office space for any eligible Tampere-based game studio! Sign up today; the spots are in high demand and limited! And yes, you can see Näsinneula from the windows!
Ever since Psyon Games started developing Antidote COVID-19, the first and only COVID-19 awareness game for mobile, they have been collaborating with Gavi the Vaccine Alliance.
- Markus Lappalainen offers music for games