Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 17/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 11th May concert by Game Music Collective
- 17th May Bit1 Final
- 17-20th May Nordic Game Conference
20% Discount to Nordic Game Conference @ Malmö / Sweden for the members of Neogames Finland and Pelinkehittäjät Assn.
Go to: https://conf.nordicgame.com/registration/
Choose: Organisation/partner discount and select Neogames from the list
Apply code: NG22SORG_fp9qMbmt to the Discount Code box.
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 26th IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- Habbo X NFT-based hotel will debut later this year
- Baltic Explorers is planning a trade mission to South Korea in August-September 2022 and helping Game Companies to strengthen their connections to South Korea with the help of Korean game industry experts and organizations. During the trip there will be visits to local game companies and in the Busan Indie Connect (BIC) festival. If your company has recently published or is working on PC and/or Android mobile game, and is interested in joining the South Korean trade mission, please contact me before the end of May: ria.gynther[at]lab.fi
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Aalto Digital Creatives Art & Tech Open Call 2022 seeks audiovisual, design, gaming and other cutting-edge projects utilizing digitalization to fuel the creative industries. The winning applications receive development funding EUR 5 000 to 20 000 per project. The deadline for project applications is on Monday 2.5.2022
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations here
- Check The Stream from Peliosuuskunta Expa / IGDA Finland Jyväskylä Hub Meetup HYBRID with Mohammad Amini from Fingersoft Lessons Learned During 10 Years of Hill Climb Racing.
- An informal working group of Finnish authorities and institutions has been looking into the issue of loot boxes in video games. Preliminary findings are now available with some proposed actions to address key issues related to the presence of loot boxes in video games.
- Check the stream of Games Now open lecture “Indie and Indigenous: Case Skábma – Snowfall” with Marjaana Auranen, Miniboss, Red Stage Entertainment