Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 2/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 26th January GamesBeat: Driving Game Growth & Into the Metaverse: Industry leaders online for two days of gaming content surrounding game growth after IDFA and the latest on the metaverse
- 29th January GDWC Talks on twitch
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar
EGDF in co-operation with Slovak Game Developers Association has build gameconfguide.com for complete list of games industry events and conferences and their status.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Fingersoft has new exciting positions open, check them out!Senior 3D Game Artist (Oulu or Helsinki)Lead Game Artist (Oulu or Helsinki)Level & Content Designer (Oulu)Unity Game Developer (Oulu)Marketing Artist (Oulu)Game Developer (C++) (Oulu)
- Kim Kupiainen shares document to support employment at game industry; several different job boards in many different countries, reference salaries and job discipline communities etc.
- Grandia is looking for teacher in game programming (position in Finnish)
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Friends & Dragons is released on iOS and Android
- Niko Flang has been script writing animation series about gamers; Pelurit released by YLE
- pre-alpha trailer for humorous retro FPS called Fashion Police Squad!
- Finnish VR-company Critical Charm got funding from by Business Finland to speed up
- MiTale Dev-Blog: Reflecting on 2020 – The True Strength and Value of the Company is in its Culture
- Returnal aims to “create unlimited replay value” for PS5 gamers
- Many game jam studies concentrate on the positive aspects of game jams. For change Annakaisa Kultima made a small research survey collecting negative game jam experiences.
- Fingersoft CEO recap of 2020
Juhamatti Rissa is demoing some steams and prototyping destruction on Oculus Quest2.