Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 21/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- June 10th “Understanding Asian (China – Japan – South Korea) Games Market” -online-event by Neogames Finland
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Small Giant Games 2020 financials are out; Revenue 2020 370 M€ & Ebit 153M€ HS article (in Finnish only)
- Noice (by Jussi Laakkonen) raises $5M for ‘playful’ social platform for gamers.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- GamePro by Saranen is looking for companies to a recruitment round starting in late August/early September! For more information, contact Arja Martikainen or Tommi Ohtonen or buy online.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Aung Pyae asks if you have experiences in VR-based exercises/workouts, can you please help by answering to survey?
- We In Games Finland is an official partner of Helsinki Pride 2021!
- Solip’s Comic; thoughts/feelings about remote working
- Virtual Reality Awards kicks off in collaboration with VRKiwi as a part of Game Development World Championship
- XR Nation‘s Citizen’s Spotlight tells the story of one of our newest members Futuclass!
Rehaboo! Exercise Games studio, are on a Seed around, and is now in TOP30 on Arctic15 pitching competition, racing for the TOP 15. Help them by giving a The game is ready for three main target audiences; physical therapy patients for rehabilitation, elderly for activation and workplaces (esp remote workers on a laptop) for prevention.
We in Games Finland analysed Finnish video games published 2018-2020 with humanlike characters – their gender, sexual orientation, age, skin color, disability, religion, possible gender-based violence – and here are the results (as a list here, we will publish conclusions later). If your game was published between these years, have a look at our results and comment whether we got it right! The analysis was made prior to purchasing the game, aka marketing materials available.You can leave a comment on the sheet, or if you have many comments, send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org!This analysis was part of the Gender in Play project, funded by the Ministry of Justice. More info about the project
- Column by Ilkka Paananen (in Finnish olnly) Why we are not highlighting the best place (Finland) for work?