Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 21&22/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 3rd June Skábma – Snowfall game release celebration / Platform6, Tampere
- 8th June Game Research and User Experience Finland @Skunkworks
- 14th June Game Designers of Finland Mentor BBQ @ Arcade5
- 14th June Crypto Gaming Cabal Helsinki meetup #3
- 8th June GRUX Finland (Games Research and User Experience Finland group) @ Skunkworks
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 7th September OVER 7 HILLS – Game Day by HIVE at The HIVE – Turku Game Hub
- 26th September IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- tickets for conference are available
- New Finnish start up Village Studio (founded by mobile games industry veterans Will Luton, Cyril Barrow, and Tak Fung) raises $2.3M for cross-game Playken avatars
- Returnal from Housemarque won twice at The Finnish Game Awards
- Playtika to lay off 250 employees as it closes three development studios. London, Los Angeles, and Montreal studios are closing, Helsinki studio (Seriously) considered. Rework, which created the interior design mobile game Redecor, will continue to operate. Helsingin Sanomat writes about the topic in Finnish.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Critical Force is looking for:
Backend Developer,Software Engineer with an enthusiasm to anti-cheat software,DevOps Engineer or aGame Server Developer
- Dmitry Kustov is looking for a job with his main experience in technical support (up to L3), can also do testing/QA, have unofficial experience as product manager (for it was “application manager”), business analyst and also code in PHP. See Dmitry’s LinkedIn profile and as an alternative with some more info here
Fingersoft is looking for new stars for Hill Climb Racing 2 team in Oulu:
Supremacy Games is hiring (REMOTE) for several gen2web3 roles: Community Manager, Game Designer, Economy Designer, Senior Full Stack programmer, Blockchain Programmer and Game Programmer.Join us, we’re developing the next generation of crypto games with support from global crypto powerhouses. We’ve secured several huge IPs for our web3 racing games and collectible trading card games. Salary plus WAGMI-level bonuses. See more info and apply
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo application period started 2.5. and ends 5.8. More info (in Finnish)
- WINGS Invests in indie games made by women and diverse teams. Their investment decisions are driven by a selection committee of outstanding game developers that are representative of the strength and diversity of the industry.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations here
- Bonus Stage Publishing publishes Shadow of Guild on PC this year.
- Yahaha Creator sprint ’22 is here! No coding skills needed, sprinters get prizes and events. Enrole by June 19th.
- Jaakko Kemppainen was editor in chief at Taide Tutka, magazine of this spring was about about game art (in Finnish)
- Games Now! 2022 Future Barometer survey – answer by June 20th
- EGDF opens its tech vision paper for 21st century for public feedback from European game developer communities. You can download the draft vision paper from here
- Virtual Hunter‘s environment and vegetation update is live! Better looking environments, better performance and more alive world with ambient wildlife brings the immersion to another level! Happy hunting! Full patch notes here
- See the last Games Now! lecture of 2021-2022 academic year, with Annakaisa Kultima sharing “Top 10 Trends in Games
- Study to be a unreal developer in 9 months with professionals!