Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 19/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 23rd May Meetup with Skunkworks
- May 25, 2022 Chris Hong: How to deal with latency in real-time multiplayer (Online event)
- 25th May The Finnish Game Awards 2022. The event will be also streamed, check the link on 25th
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 26th IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- tickets for conference are available
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo application period begins today and ends 5.8. More info (in Finnish)
- WINGS Invests in indie games made by women and diverse teams. Their investment decisions are driven by a selection committee of outstanding game developers that are representative of the strength and diversity of the industry.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations here
- 10tons releases DYSMANTLE for iOS on the App Store.
- Skeletal Avenger by 10tons released on Google Play Store
- Annakaisa Kultima would like to invite you to share your insight into game futures (by 20th May, Friday of this week)! This survey is really simple and relevant to anyone within the larger ecosystem of games industry. Tentative results will be shared in next week’s GN! lecture and used as part of my postdoc studies!
- Forbidden Studios, announced Among the Trolls was announced with their publisher 505 Games!
- Gamecan is opening an Unreal Engine specialized education opportunity on Autumn! Admissions are open
The city of Jyväskylä has asked Peliosuuskunta Expa (IGDA Finland Jyväskylä Hub) to conduct a game industry report from the Central Finland region. The work to produce a Jyväskylä region game industry report has been started, and concerns game devs of all kinds in central Finland region. They need to know how many you are, how you are all doing and what are your plans and aspirations. Please fill the form – for the Data.