Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 22/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- June 8th; “Growing inclusion & empowerment: practical insight for games teams” by We In Games Finland
- June 10th “Understanding Asian (China – Japan – South Korea) Games Market” -online-event by Neogames Finland
- 10th June (in Finnish only) PRH Patentti- ja rekisterihallitus Järjestää Webinaarin ohjelmistotuotteisiin liittyvistä aineettomista oikeuksista (IPR) klo 9-10. Voit myös varata henkilökohtaisen tapaamisen PRH:n asiantuntijan kanssa.
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Etsimme opettajaa Peli & Animaatio-tiimiimme Stadin AOssa / We are looking for a teacher to join our Games & Animation team in Stadin AO vocational college! You can be specialized in Game Development + Coding OR in 3D Art + Animation. You don’t need to be qualified teacher when applying.
- GamePro by Saranen is looking for companies to a recruitment round starting in late August/early September! For more information, contact Arja Martikainen or Tommi Ohtonen or buy online.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Joonas Alhonen asks if anyone want to buy his company (VAT reducible) almost unused MacBook Pro 16″ which is a year old. Retail value a year ago was for everything was just over 4000€ and I’m willing to let it go for 3000€ (incl. VAT). If you’re interested give a PM or email at email@example.com
- Max Kershi Kerschbaumer is asking for direction on mobile game developer pages/ mobile gaming pages groups based in Finland/ Scandinavia?
- Solip’s Comic; “Will you still be in Finland?” new episode released.
- Project: Longtail is progressing
- Sneak peek to what Viking Glory will be offering to their passengers, while ship is still under construction here are some shots from visualizations and VR experience made by MiTale
- EGD News #84 — Reward-centered leaders