Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 23&24/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 17th June Forest Experiences through Location-Based Games
- 21st June AWE Nite Northern XR: Focus on Finland
- 21st June IGDA Kajaani Hub Picnic 2022
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 7th September OVER 7 HILLS – Game Day by HIVE at The HIVE – Turku Game Hub
- call for speakers and teams to join Showroom
- 26th September IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 27-28 Sept. Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- tickets for conference are available
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo application period started 2.5. and ends 5.8. More info (in Finnish)
- WINGS Invests in indie games made by women and diverse teams. Their investment decisions are driven by a selection committee of outstanding game developers that are representative of the strength and diversity of the industry.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations
- Kim Soares Blog about; “Why the current web 3.0 games market is set to fail.”
- Do you have a great (idea for a) game to show, playable installation, game jam, kids game club or whatever related to games? Come and show /do it in Free City of Games event in Kouvola, November 2022. See the instructions and make your proposal by October 1st, 2022!
Expa Jyväskylä are still on the search for small and unknown game development companies to add to our Central Finland industry survey.“We can collectively help each other but only if we know you exist!”-If you are a registered company-Just about to register-or even just taking a break in your activities,FIL this form.
We In Games has teamed up with Helsinki Pride, Supercell, Next Games, and Metacore to better support and encourage diversity, inclusion, and equality in the Finnish game industry. Read the statement here, and hopefully see you all at the Helsinki Pride Parade on 2.7!
- Cryptic Cargo has started a partnership with GLO Hotel Art in Helsinki, meaning that you can now play our games during your stay in the hotel.
- We in Games Finland and the Naisjärjestöjen Keskusliitto has started a social media campaign for the Gender in Play -project
- Office space available;
- Superplus ex office space, located at Kansakoulukatu 5, right in Kamppi. Perfect location. The office has 170 square meters at a really good price. It has 3 bathrooms, 1 shower, 5 separate rooms and a well-equipped kitchen. There’s a sauna in the building too! DM Aarni Linnakangas on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Combo Breaker ex office space, located at Annankatu 31-33 D 55, 00100 Helsinki, heart of Kamppi. Central location. The office has 77m2 at a really good price. It has 1 bathroom/shower, 2 large separate rooms and a well-equiped kitchen.If you move here, you will become a part of Helsinki gaming history, as we are not the only gaming company who has been here. Rovio started inside those same walls… write with a DM Amar Djouad on Facebook, or mail email@example.com
- Bonus Stage Publishing signed a new game; “Shadow of the Guild” by a French company Guild Studio. Bonus Stage Publishing has also teamed up with Unibyte Studios and published Terramorphers on mobile! + Bonus Stage Publishing has set to release DINO MERCS, a roguelite deck builder by Unusual Undertaking at Steam
- Lilli Sihvonen’s dissertation “The Enduring Product Relationship of the Board Game. Kimble – The Cultural Neo-production Processes of Products” is relesed
- Tampere University is currently conducting a survey that focuses on labour conditions and experiences of the local game industry and it takes between 5-10 minutes. Your contribution will help us understand how people who work or have worked in the Finnish games industry reflect on their own working conditions and how things may or may not need improvement.