Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 24/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 27-29th June Metaverse Hackathon / Pori
- Registeration deadline 14th June
- 23-27th August Gamescom / Cologne
- 5th September Over 7 Hills 2023
- 12-13th September PG Connects Helsinki
- 14-15th September Game On! Hack-a-job in Tampere
- 12th-13th October W Love Games free tickets available.
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Kick Motion is planning to open new service in their company o QA service for Games Developers using AI technology and our QA teams. It will be Performance test and Localisation and asks if anyone would be interested in that kind of service?
- DigiDemo funding has opened and the grant is up for grabs during 15th of May through 11th of Sep. See instructions here.