Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 24/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 17th July Info Session: Scaling Hong Kong to Nordics – A Market Opportunity for Creative Digital Entertainment & Games By Finnish Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 18th June Game Development and Africa Gaming Market. By the year 2050, African youth with the age of under 24 years old would increase by about 50% causing boom in gaming and game development.
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Forbidden Studios is looking for new team members to join our adventure in creating Among the Trolls they have open positions in Finland, Romania and remote.
- GamePro by Saranen is looking for companies to a recruitment round starting in late August/early September! For more information, contact Arja Martikainen or Tommi Ohtonen or buy online.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Heikka Valja is trying to find : a web article about Finnish Game Industry recruitment ads. I have written a note that the author was called “Pipola”, and I think it was in Finnish. In the article the author went through which skills were recruiters wanting. The article was posted about a year ago here, but can’t find it now. If you recall , please comment
- There is a new wave of entrepreneurs, and this is a high wave! Serial entrepreneurs and experienced people from companies like Supercell and Smartly. Article (only in Finnish) also contains news: Papukaya raised 2,7M€ from Supercell
- Is your company already a Generation Equality commitment maker? Would you become one? Finland is the lead of “Technology and Innovation for Gender Equality” coalition, that is aiming to
- bridge the gender gap in digital access and competences,
- invest in feminist technology and innovation,
- build inclusive, transformative and accountable innovation ecosystems, and
- prevent and eliminate online and tech-facilitated gender-based violence and discrimination.
If your company, or an organisation, is already addressing these topics, or having plans for the next five years to address these, do not hesitate to join in supporting this change. By registering your commitment before 18th June, your commitment will be featured during the Paris Generation Equality Forum on 30 June – 02 July 2021.If you would like to know more contact Taina Myöhänen!
- Huawei is organizing the HMS App Innovation Contest that aims to inspire talented developers across the globe to create seamless, smart, and innovative digital experiences, and explore the future of digital intelligence. AND OF COURSE GAMES!!!There are a very good Prizes so check the rules.
- GAME WAVE 2021– Call for Speakers! For the first time in Latvia and in the world Gaming festival GAME WAVE 2021!
- Where? In Jurmala, Baltic Beach Hotel.
- When? September 24th-26th.
- They are looking for:
- Speakers with industry experience for board, mobile and extended reality games conference tracks;
- Choose any topic (business, design, technical, software, hardware etc.) as long as it is relevant to any of the tracks
- In case of any questions, please write: email@example.com